Chapter 31: The new Death-eaters

Draco returned at the dead of night- Athena had been waiting all evening for him to return. He was now in his black pj's, his hair slightly damp from a shower. His bare feet hit the cold floor, sending small noises into the air- he was being as quiet as possible. Athena could hear loud laughs from a few floors above them, her mothers being the loudest.

"Athena, it's me" Draco whispered.

She stood up, running toward the gated door. Her hair had become knotted and frizzy- Only so much can be controlled with magic. 

"The new death-eaters are entertaining upstairs and they're all drunk out of their minds" Draco whispered. 

"Who are they?" Athena asked quietly.

"The identical Weasleys" Draco replied.

Athena's jaw dropped- her husband was few floors above her, making jokes with her mother- What on earth are they thinking?

"What?" Athena whisper shouted. "Why?"

"Claim that they don't want to help someone who isn't even around- apparently they haven't seen him in months," Draco said. 

"Draco, can you get my mother?" Athena asked.

"Yes, I'll go now"

"Please be careful!" Athena called as he disappeared. She turned to face Ollivander and Luna who were playing rock, paper, scissors in the corner.

Whatever the twins were doing, she knew it was for the order. They had clearly discovered where they were keeping Athena, Luna and Ollivander, and the twins had volunteered to go help.

"So paper defeats rock" Luna said, wrapping a hand around her own fist. "Scissors defeat paper" She said, gesturing cutting her fingers off. "and Rock beats scissors".

"I'm going to get us out of here" Athena said, interrupting their game. "Very soon, I promise!"

"How, Professor?" Luna asked.

"Luna, I said you could call me Athena" She said.

"Yes, but since we are returning soon, I assume I should address you properly"

"Look, I don't know how soon it could be, but I will get us out". Athena turned back to the door, waiting upon the arrival.

A few moments later, two pairs of footsteps echoed down the stairs.

"Honestly Draco, this better be worth it- Fred was just telling me about his pureblood husband: Should I get a husband Draco?" Her mother said, babbling.

"You have a husband Auntie Bella" Draco said, holding her up by the elbow.

"Yes, but I want a gay one, that way my life would be so much more fun!" Bellatrix laughed. "Maybe I should go for old Gellert! Always been into men from Durmstrang- they're just so Strong, Draco! Are you gay, Draco?" 

"No, Auntie Bella. I have a girlfriend" 

"Oh, that old pug-faced cow? I never liked her. Too far up her own ars-"

"We're here, Bella" Draco said quickly.

"Ah! Athena! My daughter, How are you darling its been a while"

Athena reached through the gate, placing a hand on her mother's shoulder.

"Sobrii Estote" Athena whispered, causing her mother to sober instantly.

"Huh- what happened?" Bellatrix snapped.

"You were drunk out of your mind, mum" Athena said.

"Why am I here?" She snapped again.