Chapter 28: The return to Hogwarts

"I can't believe I didn't kill her!" Athena shouted as she hit the bed repeatedly. "She was right there, choking and defenceless and I could've finished her off, But I didn't!". She buried her head into a pillow as George sat trying to calm her raging storm. 

"You nearly did-" He said.

"Nearly isn't good enough, George. I have to kill her" 

"Can't you just hurt her?" George asked calmly. "Murder is quite far"

"She robbed me, of everything I ever wanted!" She shouted into the pillow. "A decent, happy childhood, a stable family, a loving mother, a mother-daughter connection..." She stalled. "And a chance to ever be walked down the aisle... with my father"

George sat closer to Athena, saddened as well. "Did the wedding get to you?" He asked quietly.

Athena nodded. "It's probably why I got so jealous over the Veelas you were talking to. They have everything I just listed, everything I ever wanted". She wiped a thin tear off her face. "Perfect families, perfect friends, admiration, beauty..."

"Don't you dare suggest that you're ugly!" George said sternly. "You are far more beautiful! And we can make our own happy family- I'm surprised we haven't already accidentally started that though"

"George! Don't say that, someone might be listening!" Athena snapped, George, dismissing it.

"you have perfect friends if you ask me! But you have many things that Veelas couldn't imagine!"

"Go on, what?" She asked.

"Knowledge, immense power and gifts, an insane mother who still obsesses over you even after you try to kill her, a brother whose famous but really you're the one behind all of his success, a father to be proud of, admiration from great wizards, a dark lord who wants to conquer the world practically begging to have you on his team..." George had been counting on his fingers as he said them, but now he stalled. "... A hot, funny boyfriend with no ear who actually likes you for you and not your looks- although they are a bonus" He winked. "It's crazy to think that if you had sat with the Slytherins way back when you first came here, we'd probably all be dead and you'd hate my guts"

"Impossible- you're definitely annoying, but nothing I can't handle!"

"Cheeky b-"

Molly knocked on the door. "Are you decent? Can I come in?"

Athena laughed. "Yes, Moll! Of course, you can come in!" 

Molly peered around the door. "Tonks and Remus are here with some news!"

The three wandered downstairs, Tonks sat at the table looking very happy, Remus not so much. She lit up as soon as Athena sat down.

"What's the news then?" Athena asked.

"Remus and I are expecting a baby!" Tonks said happily.

"No way! I'm so happy for you!" Athena Exclaimed.

"Oh, and we have decided you and Harry as the godparents!" She also said happily.

Athena's jaw dropped. "That would be an honour, thank you so much!". She got to her feet, rushing to hug Tonks.

Remus gave her a small, sad look. "May I talk to you, please?" He asked Athena.

Athena nodded, walking to the living room with the greying man. 

"Dumbledore left me a job in his will, in case he never got round to it" Remus said. 

"Well, what is it?" Athena asked, crossing her arms and leaning back onto a chair.