Chapter 13: Harry's saviours

Molly had prepared a beautiful beef wellington with mustard and vegetables for the Order, everyone tucking in the second it was magically served.

"So, Athena, George told us you did your NEWTs this year, despite you being seventeen" Remus said.

"I did" Athena responded.

"How did it go?" Hermione asked, digging quickly into this meal as it hadn't been prepared by an elf.

"Yeah it went alright"

"What did you get?" She asked.

"Well... I got all Outstandings" Athena muttered, wanting to remain humble.

The twins spat out their drinks, everyone seemed slightly taken aback.

"Congratulations!" Molly said happily.

"Why on earth did you become an auror with those marks?" Moody asked. "Could've become the minister!"

"Well, recently I discovered that both my parents were death eaters, so I'm clearing the family name," Athena responded quickly. "And I would much rather avenge all the deaths from the first war than sit in an office pretending that nothings happening!" She snapped as though Cornelius Fudge, the minister, had been in the room.

At that moment, an owl swooped in, dropping a letter onto Moody's lap. He read it over, scowling. He ripped a piece of parchment, scribbling something on it before sending it away.

"What's happened, Alastor?" Arthur asked.

"Harry and his muggle cousin have been attacked by dementors!" He growled.

"I thought he'd be safe with the muggles!" Athena said.

"He'd be safer here" Sirius scowled.

"That muggle family want him dead, he's not safe without dementors!" Ron said.

"We'll have to go retrieve him," Moody said. "I'll need an advance guard to leave with me."

"You can't go yet, the muggles!" Athena said.

"Athena's right, I'll distract them!" Tonks said, picking up a piece of parchment, scribbling on it, sending it off. "They should be gone between 10:45 pm and midnight!"

"Excellent!" Sirius responded.

Moody's Mad-eye darted about the room. "I want Vance, Shacklebolt, Doge, Lupin, Diggle, Jones, Tonks and Karkaroff on my guard. We will depart at 10:40 pm by broom"

They all nodded, including Athena. She was off to save Harry Potter.

***

The advance guard hopped on their brooms, winter coats and wands equipped.

"Heading west," Moody growled. "Stay in formation!"

Athena hadn't flown properly since to quidditch match against Beauxbatons, which now seemed like a lifetime ago. She apparated practically everywhere, forgetting the majestic feeling of the wind dancing around her body, and her hair flying behind her.

They drew into Privet drive, which looked nice enough despite the dead lawns and flowerbeds. Athena stepped toward the door, her Firebolt in her left hand, her wand in her right, performing the unlocking spell quietly. The group walked in slowly, checking all rooms, armed with wands.

A huge 'SMASH' ripped through the air, everyone swivelling around to see Tonks stood over a broken plate.

"Sorry!" she mouthed.

They walked up the stairs toward the locked door, Athena waving her wand once again, opening the bolted door. Everyone watched Harry from in shadows, his wand sat in his hand.