Chapter 24: Poison

Once again, Athena sat in her office in Hogwarts, scribbling a late birthday card to Ron- she had completely forgotten it was his birthday that day. She had only remembered because of Lavender walking around the corridor asking anyone if they knew where Ron was: No doubt that he was hiding from her, as any sane person would. It was now 7 in the evening, after a busy day helping out the students during their apparition lessons- but now she recalled seeing neither Ron, Harry, or Hermione.

Dear Ron,

Happy birthday, idiot. Hoped you liked the chocolate frogs- sorry it's late!

Athena

Ginny burst through the door, followed by Molly and Arthur, who both looked very concerned.

"Ginny, Molly, Arthur?" Athena asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Rons in the hospital wing!" Ginny said. "McGonagall thought that you could escort us"

"Of course," Athena agreed, slipping the card and her wand into her pocket, hurrying to the door. "Right this way".

She led them all the way down the astronomy tower, hearing a small racket from the Ravenclaw common room- 'deal with it later' she thought. they arrived at the door of the hospital wing, knocking furiously. Madam Pomfrey came to the door, peering around it carefully. 

"Mr and Mrs Weasley, you may enter. No more visitors until 8 'o'clock" She said sternly.

 "What- no! I want to see my brother!" Ginny yelled.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley, you will not yell at Madam Pomfrey!" Molly yelled back. "You will come through when you are told!"

Athena and Ginny took seats beside Hermione and Harry, who both look very tired.

"What happened to him? Ginny asked softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

Harry seemed to jump at the action, going slightly red in the face. "Oh- er, well... he ate the chocolate cauldrons that Romilda Vane gave me- but they were spiked with one of Fred and Georges love potions, so I took him to Professor Slughorn. He took the antidote and was fine again, but he needed a pick-me-up, so he got out some mead he was meant to deliver to Dumbledore; but yeah, it was poisoned, so I gave him a bezoar and now he's here."

"That was really smart of you Harry, you saved his life!" Ginny said, Harry, turning red again.

"I'll tell George and Fred to make the love potions less... strong" Athena said."I may as well tell them now- do they know about Ron?"

"None of us have told them, no" Harry replied.

Athena let out a shrill whistle, prompting Moshten to come to her from the owlery, landing pleasantly on her shoulder. She conjured a piece of parchment and a quill, scribbling the letter using Ginny's back as a table.

Dear George and Fred, 

we need to talk about your love potions- they're growing a bit too strong, and now Rons in the hospital wing because of one.

Your mum is going to be Livid.

get to Hogwarts ASAP, I'll alert Dumbledore of your arrival.

Athena x 

She conjured another piece of parchment, scribbling down a second letter.

Dear Professor Dumbledore, 

I have alerted George and Fred Weasley of Ron's issue, and so they shall be arriving soon. Their question shall be- How many Owls did each of you achieve?