Chapter 7: The Yule ball

Athena was woken up by Ginny on Christmas day in her dorm, which she temporarily shared with Hermione and Luna. The sweet smell of Christmas was all around the air, and Athena was ecstatic to see what her father had left for her. She decided to unwrap it last, picking up smaller gifts first. Athena had bought Ginny new quidditch boots, Hermione a set of 'classic Bulgarian potions' study books and Luna a 'Space Girl' Vinyl and carrot earrings. The night before, she had sent the boys their gifts; She bought Harry and Ron a Chudley Cannons jersey, Oliver a pair of Quidditch trousers, Fred a 'Practical jokes' book, Neville an Aloe Vera plant, and George, a simple ring with a 'W' engraved into it and a black hoodie. Ginny threw her a gift. Inside of it was a knitted burgundy jumper with an 'A' on it. 

"Sorry, mum only finished it last night!" Ginny apologised.

"It's fine!" Athena said, pulling it over Georges T-shirt. "I love it"

Hermione had gotten her a broom and wand maintenance kit, and Luna had gotten her a record player with a Rolling Stones vinyl. Oliver had gotten her a Bulgarian quidditch Hoodie, Harry had gotten her a wand stand, Ron had gotten her 'Bertie Botts every flavour beans'  and several 'Chocolate frogs', Neville had given her a dozen bottles of Butterbeer, Fred had given her a book of defensive spells, and George had gotten her a beautiful silver ring, and a bottle of Rakia.   

Everyone was enjoying their gifts greatly, sharing food and drinks, and chatting away happily. 

"Athena, what about that big trunk?" Hermione asked. Athena had completely forgotten about her father's trunk. She stood up and knelt next to the trunk, unbuckling it. out of the trunk, a mannequin rose up, slowly spinning as a gorgeous red gown appeared on its body. It had a sleeveless, glistening bodice that a skirt poofed out over a petticoat underneath of. On its shoulders was a long red, cape. Athena had never seen a gown so pretty.

Underneath the dress was a pair of simple red heels

Underneath the dress was a pair of simple red heels. The girls exclaimed around the dress. Athena picked up the note that presented itself to her. It read; 

To my darling daughter Athena,

This is the very dress your mother wore to the Christmas ball, the night we met. She would've wanted you to wear it on this special occasion. I wish I could be there to see you. 

Sending care from Bulgaria,

Father Karkaroff

Athena slipped the note into her trouser pocket and went downstairs with Ginny, Luna and Hermione to see the boys. 

***

They were outside having a snowball fight, Weasleys vs everyone else. Hermione was sat to the side, deep into 'Bulgarian potions, Part 1'. Athena lobbed a snowball, hitting Oliver square in the face, when George threw one at her, which she barely missed.

"Can we please be done by 5?" Hermione asked, dodging a snowball from Fred.

"Why?" Harry responded.