Chapter 12: Goodbye and Hello

The final feast. Athena had been dreading it her entire stay, and with no sign of her father, the feast had become even more painful. She didn't want to say goodbye to her friends, certainly not George. They had been together 9 months, spending every day together; and now they had to say goodbye. She didn't touch her food, a permanent frown now sat upon her face. George was the same. The hall didn't have the colourful banners anymore: Instead, they were pitch black, in commemoration of the late Cedric. On top of that, Athena was to take all of her exams on the boat ride back to Bulgaria. Dumbledore made a speech about Cedric, dropping the bombshell that Voldemort had killed him. Athena had pieced this together, despite no-one asking Harry what happened, the sheer pain of the event flashing behind his eyes. This year had seemed to be the worst and best all at the same time: She had met her soulmate, but now she was going to be torn from him. Athena wasn't prepared to go.

The inevitable happened, and she was preparing her room to set sail, and her mind for her exams. Before they left, the students had the opportunity to go and say goodbye to their friends, yet Athena wasn't sure whether she wanted to go... it would make the farewell more than painful. 

"Are you coming, Athena?" Viktor asked gently. 

She wiped the tear away from her face and nodded.

Outside she instantly saw George, who ran to her, holding her tight one last time before she went. She went to Ginny next. "I'll be back soon, I promise."  She whispered to her. Finally, her and Viktor went to the trio. 

"Still no sign of Karkaroff?" Harry asked. Athena shook her head again, her face blotchy and red.

"Good luck with your exams!" Hermione said, throwing herself into Athena, giving her a warm hug. 

"Mum baked some cookies for your journey," Ron finished with, handing her a small tin. 

"I'll be returning the tin soon!" Athena said, running toward the boat. "Goodbye!"

***

The exams were difficult, but Athena was confident to pass them: If she didn't, she'd have to stay in Bulgaria for at least another year without George.

What Creature can erupt from a wardrobe, presented as your biggest fear?

A boggart.

How can you banish this creature?

Riddukulus spell.

What can phoenix tears do?

Heal wounds.

Write down the following spell:

- Immobilises and stops the actions of the target. It works both on living and inanimate things = immobulus

- Mends torn pieces of paper = papyrus reparo

Summons an object towards the caster =  Accio

- Protects against hexes = Salvio Hexia

- Cleans objects = Scourgify

- Used to heal relatively minor injuries, such as broken bones and cartilage = episkey

- Sends the target away from the caster. It is the counter-charm to the summoning charm = depulso

You will be told a potion- write down its use:

- Oculus Potion = Restores drinkers sight.

- Veritaserum = forces the drinker to tell the truth.