😫3

My first order of business is trekking back to your dormitory and grabbing your fully-packed suitcase. At least spending an hour shoving as many of your belongings as possible into a tiny carry-on has its benefits despite you not setting foot in the airport.

"Been a long time since we've done this," Taehyung comments mindlessly as i walk through campus, following the cobblestone path as a shortcut to his apartment.

"Done what?" I ask snarkily. "Hung out with each other?" i scoff. You and Taehyung spent all of freshman year skirting around each other, desperately trying to avoid contact while also banging on each other's doors every ten minutes. It was essentially two semesters worth of shouting at each other through walls and sneering when you actually locked eyes.

"Talked," Taehyung simplifies, because he's right.

"Isn't that what we were aiming for?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, turning to look at him as your suitcase wheel skips on a stone out of place. "I thought we had reached that consensus already." It's been a year and a half since we last spoke to each other. i was almost confident that, without any overlapping classes, you would be able to keep that streak going long after graduation.

As it turns out, things change.

"I don't know if we ever actually agreed on that," Taehyung says, thinking back. "Almost like it went..." he pauses, and I can't be sure if it's for dramatic effect or because he actually doesn't know what to say. "Unspoken."

The irony is not lost on you. In fact, it hits you smack dab in the forehead as you watch Taehyung's curious expression morph into the sleazy frat boy one he wore so much back then. He looks very pleased with his pun. It makes you want to hit that dumb lil face.

And as it turns out, some things never change.

I resist the urge to punch him in the shoulder because he offered you a place to stay for this break and I sort of actually, really owe him big time right now. But that doesn't mean you can't send a disapproving frown, which seems to do the trick.

"I distinctly remember how you were so excited to never have to live next to me again when we moved out," Taehyung says like he's remembering a fun trip to the zoo. Almost like he looks upon the last time you ever interacted with each other fondly.

I mentally sigh. If only freshman year you knew what was going to happen in the middle of your junior year. If only your final hadn't run overtime by two hours. If only you had booked a later flight.

If only.