😫26

As it turns out, you're worried about it.

You're worried about it because even though you're not in the same room, not in the same building, not even on the same goddamn street as him, you're thinking about him. Thinking about how much fun the two of you could be having right now as you relish in the last couple days of your winter break before the cold reality of school hits.

Think about the things you could be doing. Exploring, going out to restaurants, finding new little gold mines in this city that you call home. And instead, you're moping around your friend's living room wishing that the two of you hadn't ruined the whole thing.

Maybe you had been too harsh. Taehyung has a right to be mad at you for lashing out at him. How was he supposed to feel? You held his hand and kissed his cheek and pretended that it was still freshman year, that the two of you were still just two people stuck together by unfortunate circumstances. Acted like nothing had really changed despite the years going by. Going through with all of these adventures with him knowing, in the back of your mind, that once classes started back up, you'd probably never make an effort to see him again.

Drawing a portrait of you says one thing, but dancing around him says another. Every time i fucking see Yoongi in his own goddamn home you try to muster up the bravery to tell him that you don't like Taehyung the way that he thinks you do, and you can't.

He sets up his pullout couch in his living room for you when you go to sleep that night, you dream of Taehyung. Envision him wandering the halls of a nameless museum, priceless pieces of art hung along every wall, from van Gogh to Monet to Picasso. He turns back around so you get a view of his face, dream up his curly black hair and soft eyes, sparkling with wanderlust as he roams the corridors, stopping to spare a quick glance at every painting he passes.

And then at the end of the hall, he pauses in his tracks, looks up at the painting on the wall. i watch as the camera zooms in on what he's looking at, what made him stop in his tracks the moment he laid eyes on it.

It's your portrait. A simple piece of paper out of a sketchbook, graphite on the coarse canvas. It's barely more than a line drawing, your eyes here, your nose there, It's only in one color and still, even now, it leaves you speechless. Taehyung made that. He drew that, line by line. He made that for you.

I wake up in a cold sweat at seven in the morning. Yoongi's fast asleep in his bedroom, and i know he won't be waking up until the hour on the clock reads double digits. Frantic, i scramble through your backpack until you pull out the sketch paper a little bit larger, a little bit thicker than the rest, still wrapped up in tissue paper.

Pulling the paper away to reveal the canvas, i stare down at it in the hazy light of the sunrise, small rays beginning to stream through Yoongi's window. my fingers trace along each line, picturing Taehyung as his pencil scratched along the paper, over and over until it looked perfect. Taehyung made this. He sat down, thought of you, and drew this.

A picture may be worth a thousand words but this one doesn't say a thousand words. Instead, it only says three.

Curiosity getting the better of you, you flip the sketch over to see if there's anything else he's drawn. There isn't, but you find a little note in the bottom right corner.

Dahyun,

I hadn't realized that I had drawn you until I was nearly finished with this. My bad, but it was too late to stop. I don't know if I'll ever give this to you, or if I'll just have a guilty conscience for the rest of my life, but just in case I do, I want you to know this: art inspires me, and you are no exception.

Tae ♡