😫18

And now, even though it's Christmas Eve and there's a blanket of snow outside nearly two feet deep, Taehyung will go and open his bedroom window again and feed the birds lima beans like a fucking Disney prince, and it makes your heart flutter, ever so slightly.

we end the night sitting on Taehyung's couch, only a foot or so of space in between our bodies as he multitasks, channel surfing and gulping down his homemade soup.

"I haven't made soup in a while, but damn, this is good," Taehyung says, drinking the rest of it before getting up to help himself to seconds. He sticks a hand out to take my bowl as well, and wordlessly i hand it to him.

"It's my magic touch," i tease. It was not. Taehyung did most of the work. i don't have much of an affinity for cooking.

"It's my chemistry brain," Taehyung corrects. "Chem is basically like making soup."

"But it can kill you," i tack on.

"But it can kill you," he agrees, returning to the couch. This time, when he sits down, he plops right down next to you, your sides touching as we sit in front of his television, slurping up homemade vegetable soup. "How's your major? What is it, again?"

"English with a minor in Psych," i say over a mouthful of carrot.

"Sounds like too much reading for me," Taehyung comments. "I'd only like picture books."

"Yeah, wonder why," i tell him sarcastically. "But it's going well. I'm thinking of maybe adding Consumer Psych as another minor since there's a lot of overlap, but I'm not sure. I'll think about it."

"Sounds busy," Taehyung comments.

"Almost as busy as visual studies and chem," i remind him. "Seriously, do you ever sleep?"

"Inspiration is a fickle mistress and the will to do my chem problem sets, even more fickle," Taehyung muses like the two subjects aren't the absolute bane of his existence. "But yeah, I mean, I made it this far."

"Our majors are so different," i comment. They are. Encompassing all sides of the college major spectrum, from STEM to art to humanities. The only thing you're missing is a business minor. But only snakes would ever be interested in something like that.

"It's nice," Taehyung decides. "Because this is forcing us to talk with someone with whom we don't already share all of the same classes with."

"I couldn't imagine taking the same class as you," i say, not because you'd hate having to be in the same room as Kim Taehyung or dread the potential to be paired up for group work, but because your tastes are so different. They've always been different. Art, English, chemistry, psychology. Headphones or speakers. Closed windows or open. It's always been opposites with the two of you.

"Maybe I'll take a psych class so that way we can," Taehyung says.

"Maybe I'll take an art history course," i retort.

"You'd really take an art history course? They're awfully boring, and I'm an art major," Taehyung says, in disbelief.

i ponder it for a moment, but then nod. Yes, you would. Even if it sent you to sleep. Because it looks genuinely interesting. "After today, I wouldn't mind it. You showed me a lot about art, Kim Taehyung. More than I thought I would ever learn in my lifetime."

Taehyung sighs, shutting the television off. You guys weren't watching it anyway. we hardly realized it was on. He looks down at his empty soup bowl, and then at you. He always does that—always looks somewhere else before looking at you, like he has to muster up the courage by first staring at an inanimate object. And then he says, "You'll never stop learning about art. Neither will I. It's a constant cycle, learning and relearning and changing your mind and revisiting old pieces. Because art is all around us."

He looks at you, like he's trying to say something else but doesn't have the words. "You just have to look for it."

fuck jyp anyways besties stream dubchaeng melody project and dahyun we love you , let the bl0nks cry 💅