😫16

One hour and two fairly bruised knees later, me and Taehyung are taking off your skates and relishing in the feeling of your feet, flat on the ground like feet should be.

"You alright?" Taehyung asks. i didn't have any massive falls following the first spectacle, but you admittedly, still cannot ice skate very well. You'll have to figure out a way to learn.

i round out the night by going to look at the Christmas Tree. Now that it's fairly late, the massive families with young children have all gone home, leaving only the young adults left to bask in the glory of the peak of Christmas decorations.

"It seemed bigger in photos, didn't it?" Taehyung asks as the both of you crane our necks to look at the tree in all of its glory. "Like it was the size of a small tower."

"Yeah," i agree. It looks somewhat disappointingly small, now that you're here in front of it. "Today was a lot of fun, Taehyung. Your spontaneity paid off."

"When does it not?" Taehyung asks, proud of himself. He even has enough of an ego to do a little hair flip, making you shake your head disapprovingly. "But I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I certainly did."

"What was your favorite part?" i ask.

"Definitely when you were in your prime for one moment and a puddle on the ice the next," Taehyung says, and for that, he earns a punch to the shoulder. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. But I did really enjoy ice skating."

"Yeah, because you can actually do it," i remind him.

"What about you?"

I think. This day has been so long, from getting woken up by Taehyung's irresponsible neighbors and the entire city's fire department outside your window, to hopping on a bus to New York, to museums and restaurants and ice skating and the city, you feel like you've lived three days in one.

"The museum," i finally decide. "I'm not really an art person, but I thought it was lovely. Nice and heated, too."

"Yes, the best part about the Museum of Modern Art was its modern, state-of-the-art central heating," Taehyung repeats, making you laugh. "I'm glad you liked the museum. I was worried you'd think it was too stuffy."

I had thought that too. And then i watched someone fall in love with each and every piece, right in front of you, and i realized that there's more to art than putting a price tag on it and critiquing it. It's passion, materialized. It's real.

It's Taehyung.

"No," i say with a shake of your head. "I thought it was beautiful."