😫15

"You're a liar," i tell Taehyung pointedly as he circles around, coming up to rest next to you. i'd point at his chest for emphasis, but you're afraid you'll fall without both hands on the railing at all times. "This is—" i pause, remembering that there are children present, "—very difficult."

Taehyung just chuckles. "You have to be brave, dahyun, come on," Taehyung implores. He holds out his hand, motioning for you to let go of the wall and take a leap of faith.

"No, I will not be brave. Please let me be weak," i beg, scared for your life. One wrong move and you'd go splat in the middle of the rink and embarrass yourself in front of all of New York City.

"Come on, dahyun," Taehyung says, holding his hand closer. "You said you trusted me. I told you, I won't let you fall. Come on. Be brave." And then he adds, leaning in to meet my eyes, "for me?"

He's always been too charming for your own good.

Tentatively, second by second by painstaking second, i remove my hands from the railing, first the left and then the right, as Taehyung pulls you right next to him, holding on tight.

"See?" He asks as i begin to move on my own, Taehyung's short glides pulling you along the ice. "Look, it's not that bad."

"I am scared for my life right now." i blink.

"Focus on me, okay," Taehyung says, making you meet his eyes once more. "Eyes on me, alright. You're doing fine. You're skating, isn't this fun?"

"I am terrified that I am going to perish on this very rink," i repeat for emphasis.

"Look, dahyun, look! You're skating!" Taehyung tells me, and finally i glance down at my feet and realize that they're beginning to move on the ice, all on their own.

"Oh my God! I'm skating! What the—heck!" i say, eyes widening in excitement.

"I knew you could do it," Taehyung says, hands gripping on tight. i can feel the warmth from his palms seep into your own, feel the back of your hand burning from the touch. "You just had to trust me."

"This is so cool," i say, immediately very pleased with yourself. "I'm such a pro, I can do anything. Who said skating was scary?"

Taehyung opens his mouth to respond, but i shoot him a warning glare and he zips his lips.

"Watch this, I can even do it on my own. You're gonna be very impressed, Kim Taehyung, just watch me!"

Within the next moment, im letting go of his hand and pushing yourself away from him, gliding along the ice ever-so-slightly as i begin to balance on my own.

But power is short-lived, and much like every leading male in Greek tragedies, my hubris gets the best of you, and i face the ultimate demise.

The moment you attempted to pick up your left foot, my right toe pick gets caught in a dip of the ice and i go toppling over, collapsing onto the ice in a cold, bruised ball.

Luckily, your coat takes most of the hit, its length preventing your knees from hurting into the next century, but that doesn't make it any less embarrassing. Ashamed of yourself and even more mortified to have to face Taehyung after boasting about how amazing you are, you slowly push yourself off of the ice, wobbling like a baby deer.

"What was that, dahyun?" Taehyung says with a raised eyebrow as he skates over. He's clearly just recovered from a laughing fit.

"Fuck off," i mutter, and i don't even care if children hear you. "I got excited."

"Clearly," Taehyung notes, eyes wide and knowing. He holds out a hand, and before i even have time to think of a snarky retort my palm is reaching out for it, letting him pull you up off of the rink. "Here. Come on."