😫19

New Year's Eve is often a time of reflecting on the year that's passed, making a list of goals to achieve once the clock strikes twelve. Thanking your friends and family, your loved ones, for being there for you this year, and promising to be there for them as well next year.

To me and Taehyung, it's literally your last chance to get piss drunk this year without repercussions. we've never stayed here, at your university in the city, for New Year's Eve (obviously). i'd be interested in getting all dressed up to go out. Taehyung would also be interested.

And so, after a day of slouching around and making half-assed resolutions i know you won't keep (like managing your time better. As a college student? Impossible.), me and Taehyung decide to get dressed up and go out, pulling out the winter jackets you don't care if you lose, or if they get trashed, or if they stain with vodka. All i want is to lose my goddamn mind in a tiny club with a bunch of other wasted young adults who don't want to stay at home on the last night of the year.

i am are, unsurprisingly, a self-proclaimed not-a-going-out person, but tonight is something of an exception. It's your last night to do this this year, and honestly, you can't really think of a better way to end the year. There's been plenty of ups (that A+ on your paper on the ethics of Beowulf, yay!) and plenty of downs (Global Politics in the Twentieth Century, yikes), and no better way to say goodbye to them all than with alcohol in your system. But even if, during the regular college season, you're something of a stick in the mud, i remembered to pack a nice party dress just in case, so you tug on a little black velvet mini-dress that sparkles rainbow in the light, covered with tiny glitters that get stuck in your hair and never come out.

As i fishing around for some tights that i don't care about so your legs don't freeze off in the cold, the door to Taehyung's bedroom opens.

Out he walks in all of his New Year's Eve glory, a full black ensemble complete with structured belt and a leather jacket like a rockstar view i can see from the mirror. i turn around to look at him and he stops dead in his tracks, eyes blinking like he doesn't know where to look. It gives you a clear view of him and his simple yet extremely flattering outfit. He looks like Danny Zuko. He looks like a boy i would avoid in high school.

Funnily enough, seeing him now draws i closer to him.

"Wow, hot stuff, you clean up nicely,"i comment, tugging on some black tights with a hole in the back that no one's going to notice.

"I could say the same thing about you," he adds on, a hand coming up to rub at the nape of his neck. "I didn't even know you had this."

"I packed it just in case," i say with a shrug.

"Came in handy, didn't it?" He asks. He comes up to stand by me, holding his arm out for you to wrap yours around, two people on a mission to not remember most things about this night. "You ready to go?"

Stuffing my phone and wallet into my shimmering purse, i quickly link arms with him as we walk to the door, your black boots clopping on the floor like the obnoxious high-heel owner you are.

"Yeah, you ready?" i ask, doing a quick double check. You've got everything.

"Let's fuck some shit up."