😫28

The night before winter break ends, i ask Taehyung if tenants of his apartment complex are allowed on his rooftop. He says no, but also says that his landlord is out of town for the holidays.

In the biting cold of a mid-January evening, i climb up the stairs of his apartment complex and push open the heavy metal door to the rooftop, a gust of wind nearly blowing you right over. Looking around, i spot Taehyung in nothing but a sweater and a scarf, sitting on the edge of the rooftop and looking out over the city.

"Aren't you cold?"

He turns around to find you standing next to him, wrapped up in a long coat, gloves, a beanie, and a scarf.

"I've got a warm body," Taehyung tells you with a dead look, turning back his gaze out into the sea of lights.

"This is scary, isn't it?" i ask, sitting down next to him. my feet dangle off the ledge, and normally you'd be insistent on sitting in the middle of the rooftop where no danger can befall you, but this feels a lot more personal.

"Why did you want to meet me up here?" Taehyung asks, all business.

"I just wanted to talk," i tell him. "You know, since it's the last day of winter break and all."

"It went by fast, didn't it?" Taehyung muses.

"I remember failing my final and missing my flight like it was yesterday," i remember fondly, laughing. It seemed like the end of the world at the time, but there's always a silver lining. You just didn't know what it was, back then.

now i  think you have a pretty clear idea of it now.

Taehyung chuckles, letting the two of you fall into a comfortable silence as we gaze out at the rest of the city. Taehyung's apartment building isn't particularly tall, but it's got enough height to it that it feels like you're looking out over a place you hardly recognize. There are so many things you don't know about this city, despite having lived here for over two years. So many things you are aching to find out, and only one person you'd really like to do it with.