Who I Am

The wind whipped against my face as I launched myself across the City of Light and I smiled. The wind was my freedom while I was transformed and I loved it. 

I reached the top of the Eiffel Tower and I sat there balanced on the guard rail at the topmost balcony, enjoying the view. I could see the stars from this high up, but they are even better in the middle nowhere town that I grew up in. I could just climb up to my roof and lay there looking at the stars when I couldn't sleep.

It must have been only a few minutes but I heard someone land behind me. 

"The stars are really beautiful tonight." Ladybug came and stood next to where I was perched. 

"You should see them back where I'm from. They cover the sky." 

"So whatcha doing out here this late." I flipped down my visor to read the time. 11:42 pm.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Nightmares?" I could feel her looking at me but I couldn't meet her gaze. I couldn't tell her the reason I can't sleep is that the image of my akumatized form burned into the back of my eyelids and every time I closed them I saw it.

"Nah, just can't seem to stop thinking. Why are you out here?" I couldn't tell her that it was because I couldn't muster up the courage to watch my akumatized form wreak havoc on Paris.

"I have the night patrol today. Didn't think I'd run into another hero during it." I chuckled a bit at that.

"I'm not a hero. I've had my miraculous for barely two Akumas. You've saved hundreds of people."

"You saved that girl from that burning building. That's pretty heroic."

"Maybe, but an-" She cut me off before I could protest.

"And you saved Adrien Agreste. Without your power to control him, we would have never gotten that picture." She lays a hand on my arm. "You may be a pretty green hero, but you are one none the less."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks, Ladybug." I smiled at her before launching myself off the tower. I felt relieved. I don't need to see that video, I know who I am. I'm Maxine White, holder of the Miraculous of the Wolf. 

This chapter is short and updates are slow. I'm sorry, I'm like the worst author on this site 😂. But here this is I guess. I am going to try and get another one out soon (hopefully today) so it's not that bad. Don't forget to vote and comment! Wow, I sound like a Youtuber. But please don't be silent readers.

Stay Safe!

L.A.