Falling For Him (Literally)

I detransformed and went back into the sleeping area. But Fu was lying on the bed already snoring. I smiled then gently shut the door behind me. I transformed again and went home cherishing the freedom of jumping from building to building, the wind in my hair, and the power that came with the miraculous.

One I reached home I detransformed and ran to Adrien's room. I knocked not waiting for him to answer. I stopped though when I saw Ladybug and him talking.

"Um... I'll come back later..."

I turned to leave but I heard her say, "No it's okay I should get going anyway."

I turned back around to see her swing out the window. Then I ran and hugged Adrien. He hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I mumbled into his shirt, "you were so scary." I looked up at him now, "you made me vandalize a national monument!"

He chuckled at this a bit but I could tell he was troubled.

"Hey, now that I know something is wrong can you please talk to me?"

"It's just I feel so bad that I hurt you guys. I can't believe that I let my feelings take a hold on me. I'm so sorry. But..." he pulled away a bit, "where were you? You've been gone for a day. Alya, Nino, and Marinette all came to see me like last night."

"Um.... after I broke out of the tower I just ran but then I got lost and a kind old man let me stay the night."

It wasn't the exact truth and he looked a little suspicious but he let it slide. He started to run my arms like he needed to know that I was real like I wasn't going to up and leave him and I went in for a hug but then he saw my armband.

"What's this?" He leaned in to look at it more closely but suddenly a tremor ran through the ground. He let go of me and called for Plagg. But he paused at the window and looked back. "Don't do anything stupid."

And with that, he was gone.

I sighed and Midnight came out. "Should I?" I raised an eyebrow wondering if I should go help. I was the last line of defense.

"Go but don't get involved unless they really need you."

I nodded.

"Midnight? Ears up!"

I leap from roof to roof and pause near the fighting. I think I'm on Marionette's building. I can see that it's a man who's obsessed with pigeons. I sit and watch the fight but my ears perk up when I hear someone land behind me. I turn and see Pegasus standing behind me. 

We stand there for a moment each of us trying to figure the other one out and I'm about to open my mouth and say something when the building beneath us starts to tremble. We look back at each other for a split second and come to a silent agreement. We'll finish this discussion (if you could even call it that) later.

I can smell smoke probably from a busted gas line due to the tremors I felt before and I know that there are people inside so I jump down into the building through a trapdoor. I'll go from the top floor down. I don't find anyone in the top room so I go through another trapdoor. I search the next floor and I'm about to go on when I hear a voice calling for help. I find a small girl hiding behind a couch and I scoop her up. The smoke is getting dense and I can feel through the floor that the flames are getting close. I shelter the little girl with my body and flip down my visor hoping it will help and am about to charge down the stairs when I hear Pegasus' (or what I'm assuming is Pegasus') voice in my ear.

"Get to the window. I'm down on the ground and you can send the girl my way. There are no more people in the building."

"Roger that." I mumble trying to see through the smoke. I spot the window and make my way over to it. The building is getting more unstable by the second and I try and avoid the weaker spots, my tech helping a lot. But I'm almost to the window when I feel the floor give out. I launch myself at the window wrapping my body around the little girl. I'm falling and my only thought is to protect the girl. 

Then suddenly I stop and someone is holding me. I open my eyes and I see Pegasus. He sets my on my feet and I'm about to thank him when I see the girl's mother coming towards us. I recognize the woman as Nadja Chamack, Marinette must have been babysitting again. I hand her the little girl and she thanks me. I turn back to Pegasus only to find he's gone. 

As the magic butterflies fix the burning building and the rest of the wrecked road (who knew pigeons could do so much damage) I see a glimpse of movement down an alley and I turn to try and follow but Alya's shoved a phone in my face and she's rattling off questions faster than you can say ears up. I haven't used my big power yet so I don't have an excuse to follow Pegasus.

Pity....wait what? I'm not...falling for him...right?

Wow I have not updated in a while I'm so sorry.I just thought that people didn't care but then I saw @ilodus05 added this to her reading list and I was like "wow there are people reading this" so yeah I'm back. but this might not last. soon you might be wondering "where did she come from where did she go where did she come from......um....cotten eye..... Liz" sure cause that totally rhymes and for y'all who have no clue what I'm talking about...well I probably look like an idiot but when do I not?

Sincerely, 

Your Idiot,

L.A.