I'm here for you

After getting me home, I just lied in my bed trying to sleep. But all I could hear was that voice ringing in my ears. I knew it was Hawkmoth just trying to make me more upset, but his words rang true. Why was my dad on that road? I know he and my mom had a rocky relationship, but he wouldn't just leave, right? 

Before I could sink too far into my own mind, I heard a knock at my door. 

"It's open." Adrian stood there. He had left me in my room to go take care of Plagg but he was back now. He came over to my bed and sat down.

"Alright, it's your turn. Spill." I curled my legs up to my chest and hid my face in them.

"Spill what?" My voice was muffled from my legs but he grabbed one of my fingers and tugged making me lift my head.

"C'mon, you know what I'm talking about. What'd he say?" I wanted to look away or better yet, hide again but his emerald eyes seemed to plead with me. I huffed before laying back on my pillows.

"He dug up some old stuff from my past. Why my dad died, why my mom sent me away. He also tried to discredit Marinette, Alya, and Nino." I chuckled darkly for a second shaking my head at the irony. "He tried to tell me they weren't my real friends." Like Hawkmoth would know anything about them anyway.

"What about me?" His voice was sad like he knew that I was going to be disappointed with him.

"Actually, you're the one who gave me the most hope. I knew that you were fighting to get me back. Thank you for that." I sat back up and faced him. "What was I like anyway?"

"Well you called yourself the Backstabber and you wielded two sai knives but you never actually stabbed anyone. When you touched them they felt the feelings of those they betrayed. It looked kinda odd, it kinda looked- actually, I think Alya got it filmed. You could watch it if you want." He got up and walked to my desk where my tablet was. He brought it over and searched it up the Ladyblog. The newest entry was from 15 minutes ago and the thumbnail was of "Backstabber" surrounded by people collapsed around her with her knives up attacking a mid-air Ladybug. 

"I think I need to watch this by myself." I looked up from my tablet to meet his eyes again, "Can I have the room?" I'm sure he would understand. Seeing yourself like this is not easy.

"Yeah, but keep in mind that I'm here for you, no matter what, okay?" He grabbed my hand a squeezed giving me a sympathetic smile.

"I know." I smiled back in return, but a better one could have been painted on by a three-year-old. I knew this was going to be bad, and I was dreading it. As Adrien stood up I almost wanted to call him back, to keep him here to protect me from myself, but I didn't say anything. After I heard his footsteps fading down the hallway I threw the tablet on my bed and called Midnight. 

"Ears up!" You just need to get out of this place. It was the best you could do because getting out of your own mind is a bit trickier.

Guys we just passed 525 reads and I am freaking out. Thank you all so much and I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I am trying to get on a schedule so the updates should be more consistent. About every 3 days is what I am planning. Feel free to yell at me in the comments to update. Or just comment because I like talking to people. Also, don't forget to vote!

Stay Safe!

-L.A.