Case Closed

After Adrien went down to finish some homework I sat down. I hated lying to him. I really did but just seeing how much he cares about Ladybug and how he acts around her, he would totally freak if I told him. Not to mention he would be extremely guilty that he hurt me during our fight.

I sighed before going back down to my room. It was late and I had school tomorrow.

~The Next Day at he- I mean school~

I walked in the front steps and headed to where Marinette, Alya, Nino, Adrien, and I usually waited. Adrien had something going on this morning so I was by myself in the car with the Gorilla. I had missed a day though so I switched directions midway to head to my classrooms to get my makeup homework.

I had sat down in my first period class trying to get a start on the homework, when I heard a commotion outside. I walked out of the classroom expecting to just see an argument or something but instead I saw Lila holding her face and crying with a confused Marinette standing there with people surrounding them. I raced down the stairs, I knew what I had to do. I ran towards Lila pausing for a second by Marinette.

"I've got this don't worry." I whispered into her ear. Then I was past her kneeling by Lila.

"Are you okay?" I asked, but truly I just needed to see her face. I knew that Lila was talented in make-up and I expected that she thought people would believe that Marinette hurt her if it looked like a bruise. I lifted her hand away and tried to run my fingers over the hand print on her face. She jolted and I apologized under my breath. Okay so it's not make-up but I know Marinette didn't do that.

"Who did this to you?" She pointed to Marinette and then collapsed on my shoulder crying.

"I-I've been nothing but nice to her but she- she-" She started weeping louder. I tilted her face up to look at the bruise. It was a small hand with a larger palm and shorter fingers. I knew that Marinette had longer, delicate fingers which was another reason she was so good a sowing. But before I could say anything a teacher rushed Lila, Marinette, and me (mostly because Lila was still collapsed on my arm) into the principal's office.

He immediately started to lecture Marinette on assaulting the other students and he ended up calling her parents. Marinette started crying silent tears and I wanted to comfort her and just end this but I needed her parents to be here. I sent a quick text to Alya to get in here and video. Marinette's parents showed up and Alya slipped in with them. She held up her phone and nodded to me. I stood up from where i was "comforting" Lila and before Mr. Damocles could say anything I started.

"If I may Mr. Damocles, I think I have a way to prove that Marinette didn't hurt Lila." I heard Lila gasp at that but I pushed forward." You can clearly see the hand print on Lila's face but if it is true that Marinette slapped her then the hand should match up. Marinette can you come here please?" She came over and I removed Lila's hand from where she was holding her face, much to her distress. Alya also moved forward, to get a better camera angle. "Marinette, please place your hand over the hand print." She did and you could clearly see that Marinette's fingers were longer and that the print was too small. She laughed and did a small happy dance before running to her parents. They hugged and Mr. Damocles apologized.

They were about to leave the office but I spoke up again. "Mr. Damocles, one more thing," They turned back to me and Lila. "We know that Marinette didn't do it but I know who did. Lila herself."

"What do you mean child?" The principal looked at me questioningly.

"Lila slapped herself to get Marinette in trouble. If you don't believe me, let's just see if her hand matches up shall we?" Lila tried to move away but Mr. Dupain-Cheng was behind her. I grabbed her hand and held it up to her face. It was a perfect match. "There we go folks, case closed." I walked out with Alya, and Marinette's family while Lila had to stay behind to get yelled at.

I was feeling great, I had just helped my friend see justice, I gave Liela what she deserved for lying, and Alya got it all on video. Right?

"Hey Alya?"

"Yeah?"

"You got that all on video right?"

"Yep!"

"Great! Hey, does the school have a website or something you can put it on?"

"They do have a website but only people in journalism can edit it."

"Okay then. I bet if you send it to me I can find someone who can post it."

"Alright! I'm going to put it on the Ladyblog too. 'Real Life Hero Saves Classmate From Injustice' or maybe 'New Girl or Future Lawyer?'.

"I'm no hero I just wanted to help."

"No, don't try and be modest, you really saved me back there. I was honestly expecting explusion the way Lila was crying." Marinette chimed in and her parents agreed.

"If you ever want some free pastries, we owe you for proving our daughter's innocence."

I blushed a bit at the compliments. "I know how to get out of trouble pretty well, I usually got blamed for a lot of pranks and stuff back at my old school. True some of it was me but they'll never know that."

They laughed then pulled me into a group hug. It felt really good. I guess I'm a sucker for saving people.

Wow okay I am really proud of this chapter. And it's longer almost 1,000 words. And I just wanted to say thank you for reading this. I think it's kinda cringy and I might go back and change stuff at some point but for now here another chappie. I will try and update soon, hopefully tomorrow and not in 2 months. School is out for summer so I should have more time.

Stay safe, wash your hands, and don't touch people!

Love you all!

-L.A.