New Acquaintances

I open my eyes and I see that blond boy in black leather talking to some doctors. The pounding in my head has gone down considerably so I try and sit up. Some monitors start beeping. The boy comes over and I get a good look at him.

He's got green eyes, black cat ears, and blond hair. He's wearing a black leather bodysuit with a bell at the collar.

"Hey, there you're awake."

"Where am I?"

"You're in a hospital"

"Well, obviously but why are you here?

"You didn't have an ID on you so I'm your emergency..... guardian? Whatever, so if the doctors say it's okay I can take you home soon." he looked at the doctors and they nodded. "So if you just tell me where you live I can take you home in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Or my tail" he chuckled at his joke then looked at me expectantly.

"Um...sorry to break it to you pal, but I don't live here"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I got off a plane like 7 hours ago and was about to head to my new school. The people I'm living with are on a paper in my backpack." I glance around the room and see it sitting on a chair. I point and smile at him, "Please?"

He sighs and trudges over to it and brings it back. I dig through it until I find the envelope with all my information in it. Unfolding the paper I show it to him. It's a man with a stern expression and white hair with his arm around a boy I saw in the class photo they also sent me. He has blond hair, green eyes, and....wait....he looks a lot like... the cat boy!? I hold up the class picture next to his masked face. Yeah.. it is him! He looks at me, the picture, and my shocked expression and puts two and two together. He grabs me by the arm and hauls me into the hallway which lucky for him is empty. I start laughing at his expression which is a mix of shock, panic, confusion, and..relief?

"H-how?"

"Dude you look like exactly like him...Adrien"

"SSSHHHHHH!!!!" he glits all over me then goes back into the room. I sit down into a chair and start flipping through a French magazine. He comes back out with my bag and I stand up.

"We heading out?" He nods and I grab my bag from him, He looks upset so I hip bump him. He looks at me. "You know I'm not gonna tell anyone right? I know what it's like to be betrayed and I wouldn't wish that on anyone okay?"

He looks alarmed and he stops and turns. "Who betrayed you?"

I sigh and look away to the really boring art on the hospital's walls. "C'mon man that whole speech and you take away the least important thing? Besides," I bump him again and keep walking, "I got them back".

He chuckles and jogs to catch up. He glances around and ducks into a bathroom. A green light flashes and he comes out again this time in a black T-shirt with lines on it and a white jacket. 

He smiles and I must've given him a weird look because he askes, "What?"

"Dude you were a sly cat 2 seconds ago and now..." I gesture at him.

"Well, I have this thing it called a Kwa-"

"Whatever dude let's just go. I don't think I even want to know"

We head out and as we walk he checks his phone and laughs.

"What?"

"We are like 4 hours late for school"

I laugh and then his words make it into my head.

"Wait, what!? Dude today is my first day at my new school! and I ran into some girl before the whole incident and told her that I was going to her school!"

He chuckled and then pulled out his phone. He texted someone and then put his phone back in his pocket.

"I just called my driver he should pick us up soon and we should get there by lunch."

We walk in silence for a little while then a black limo pulls up and a huge man like I'm talking silverback gorilla size steps out. He opens the door for us and Adrien gestures for me to get in.

Once we get into the car I pull out the class photo, "Okay so can you tell me the names of people and like if I should avoid them or not?"

He chuckles then goes on to tell me about clumsy Marinette (the bluenette I ran into earlier), Alya, the fearless blogger, Nino, the aspiring movie director, Cloe, the rich snob (I added my own observations Adrien was too nice but I could tell), Sabrina, Cloe's assistant ( like who has an assistant in the 10th grade and isn't a rich snob?) Maxx, super-smart one (nows there's two? Sheesh that'll be interesting), Kim, Juleka, Rose, Ivan, Melen, Alix, Nathaniel, and another snobby liar, Lila.

That's about when we arrived at the school.

I hopped out before the car had completely stopped, which kinda surprised the driver, and started up the steps. I reached for my headphones, and...and....where are they!? I stopped and started digging through my bag. Where could they be?! Then I remembered the whole incident from this morning and sat down hard on the steps. Those were my favorite headphones. I can't believe tha-

My train of thought was cut off as someone tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey I saw you were looking for something and I remembered that you dropped these when I ran into you"

She was holding my headphones and I stood up to take them from her but she pulled back slightly. I looked at her my eyebrow raised and she smiled.

"First, you have to tell me your name."

I relaxed and smiled back.

"Maxine Smith."