boyanotrophicophobia

It was well before first block on a Friday morning and here I was sitting in the school library, wasting my time in here doing my Environmental Science homework while there was a perfectly foggy morning to stare at from my window while I listened to some Hundred Waters. Foggy mornings were almost as good as rainy mornings. Either way the weather blurred my vision of my disgustingly perfect backyard and it was the best way to start my days. I refocused my attention to the book in my lap and held my pen in my mouth as I turned the page.

I saw someone walking towards me out of my peripheral view and looked up to see Sienna making her way over to where I sat. Her and I had started talking more since Wednesday when I bumped into her in this very library before school. We bonded over our love for Harry Potter and a split Krispy Kreme donut and I'd like to say that she was much better than I had anticipated. Taught me not to judge a book by it's cover. Pun definitely intended.

Through all of the bonding I had learned that today was her birthday and also what her Instagram username was. I loved the aesthetic of her and the beach in almost all of her pictures. I thought it said a lot about how much she loved the water and the sun and well really Sienna reminded me of a sunny day at the beach. So I took the inspirational feeling I got from Sienna's posts and decided to make her a little something for her birthday. I don't know, the concept was probably dumb and she might hate it but I at least tried.

"Hi birthday girl," I smiled at her as she reached my table.

She smiled tiredly back at me, "Hi, " she sat down in the chair adjacent to me, "What're you working on?"

"Environmental Science," I tried not to show my sour mood on my face, "That class is so easy but I forgot we had this long ass assignment due today."

"Don't let me distract you then," She said politely as she pulled out a book of her own and sat it on the table.

"No, it's okay," I said a little too eagerly, "You're a much needed distraction. So how's your birthday been so far?"

"Good," She beamed, "Liam took me to this seaside diner kind of far away. It's our favorite place, but I'm really full now. Like uncomfortably so."

I laughed a little before keeping my eyes in my book, "That was sweet of him."

I hated the stupid hollowed feeling I felt inside. I refused to admit I was jealous in any way.

"Yeah, except he came into my room at like five o'clock in the freaking morning to wake me up and drag me out of bed. He literally gave me ten minutes to get ready," She sighed slightly more dramatic than normal, "When Liam has a schedule he sticks to it."

"When did you guys start dating?" I blurted. I couldn't help but ask. It seemed like they were some married couple. But I didn't understand how they could seem that together as Juniors in high school.

"Like uh the beginning of sophomore year? Maybe? Yeah," She nodded to herself, "We were kind of off and on last winter through the spring," She admitted, "but the summer really helped us, sorta solidified things. Honestly now I don't know how I could even, " She stopped herself, "I just I dunno I mean it'd be weird without him around."

"You guys are cute together," I forced out. I was not jealous. At all.

"Thanks," She tried to play off her slowly blushing cheeks.

"I can really tell you two care about each other," I assured her. It really sucked, this hollow feeling but Sienna couldn't seriously doubt what she had with Liam.

"Yeah he's alright," She said casually, though I could see the wheels in her mind turning.

My eyes flickered to Violet walking into the library with Lucky's arm draped around her shoulders. Like, okay, honestly was everyone trying to make me feel like a the loneliest ass mother-