misfits

I rushed down the hallway as fast as I could, keeping the text conversation with stupid striped twin from this morning at the front of my memory. I knew everyone would be in the library by now seeing as I had arrived at school a little later than usual. I rounded the corners and weaved my way through the crowds of powerfully scented beach idiots. Honestly they should know by now that it doesn't take a gallon of cologne and perfume to mask the scent of their leftover sunscreen. A shower would do just fine. It would probably help with all of the salt in their hair too.

Bursting through the library doors, I caught sight of my little group of friends huddled around Monte's table, various books cracked open all across the surface. I slowed my pace and breathed a little deeper to calm my excited energy. I kept running the conversation in my head just in case it randomly decided to sleep away during the last few feet it would take to get to their table.

"What are you guys doing?" I raised a brow at their faces shoved into the books, their eyes drinking up the content intensely.

"We're looking up stuff for the trip. Like which places to hit up, possible routes to take, the history of different places. Like trying to narrow it down to exactly where we're gonna go and what we want to see," Violet answered, still not taking her eyes off of the bound paper.

"Okay," I paused, "did anyone happen to think of a name for us?"

Everyone looked up slowly then, a guilty look on each of their faces, "Not exactly," Monte answered for all of them.

"Good!" I said a little too loudly.

Sienna smiled almost knowingly, "What do you mean "good"?"

"I mean good as in I already have a name for us," I grinned triumphantly.

"And?" Lucky prompted.

"Okay well I was talking with someone earlier and throwing around ideas because I hadn't come up with anything last night. I tried lyrics of different songs, mash-ups of our names, you know all the usual stuff that people do. But then I just got it. I know it's already the name of a band but it's like perfect for us," I stopped to look at their curious faces, "misfits."

"Misfits?" Violet questioned.

"Yeah! Think about it. We are all such different people with completely different hobbies from each other and especially from the school. We're all weird and some of us aren't even from the United States. We don't really fit in with any other group in this school except with each other because we're so different. Misfits," I confirmed.

They didn't say anything for a minute or two and I started to think that it was a horrible name idea and that I knew I should've come up with something more original. Louis was the one to break the silence.

"I love it," his smile grew with his words and I found it contagious.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I love it too. Like when you think about it, that name really is perfect," Violet agreed, nodding her head.

"Misfits take on Europe, spring break two thousand fifteen!" Lucky shouted and we all sort of joined in quietly, since we were in a library.

"Looks like we became friends with the right group at the right time," Liam joked, nudging Sienna and we all laughed along.

We sat there at that table until the bell rang, half reading the books, half whispering excitedly about everything there was to talk about involved with the trip. Where we would stay, how we would travel, the beautiful pictures Violet would take, the outfits to be worn, the amazing food we would eat. I wouldn't be surprised if none of us absorbed anything taught in any of our classes today. I would have to talk to my mom about the trip tonight after work.