roller coasters

The incessant ringing of my phone jolted me awake and my sleepy brain started to panic at the unfamiliar scene around me. I scrambled to pick up the annoying vibrating rectangle and smiled when Zain groaned and rolled over next to me.

"Hey where are you? You didn't go home last night and we're supposed to be packing. Well I'm done packing but you should be!" Violet's voice was too loud and perky in my ear.

"What? Oh Today is Saturday. Disney. Right," I fumbled around the tent to gather my clothes.

"Yeah that's why I kinda want to know where you went. You didn't make up with... did you?" she was hesitant.

"No," I answered quickly, "I'm uh... I'm at the beach with-"

"Ohhhhhhhhh now I know why you didn't come back," I could hear the giant grin in her voice.

"Violet no it-"

"Sex on the beach," Violet sang, "we don't mind sand in our stilettos."

I couldn't stop laughing, "Shut up oh my god we didn't I swear we didn't."

"You don't have to hide it from me, I like the kinky shit. I just never expected it from you," she went on.

"Oh my fuck I'll be there in like a half hour bye," I hung up before she could continue her badgering.

Zain was still knocked out even after my loud phone call. I quickly gathered everything up that I could and put it in Zain's mom's van. By the time I got back to the tent, Zain was sat up in one lonely blanket and rubbing his eyes.

"Running out again?" the words came out kind of harsh.

I blinked a few times at him, "No, I was actually hoping you'd come with me."

His face changed, "Where?"

"Well Sienna and Liam extended the invitation to all of us. I mean, you don't have to go I uh- I was just hoping you would," I rambled as I fiddled with a string on my, well his, shirt.

"Oh right," he rubbed his neck.

"You don't have to I just thought... I mean-"

"No um... it's just that I sort've have a um a fear of like rides and heights and such," his cheeks blushes slightly.

I smiled, "Oh. That's okay we don't have to do any of that. I can stay with you. I'm not really a fan of them either."

"Yeah," he smiled slightly, "that'd be good."

I smiled back at him again, "Good. I um have to go to Violet's to pack."

"I've got to do that as well so I'll just drop you off," he started to get up and gather the rest of his stuff.

"Do you want to ride with all of us or go separately or..." I trailed off.

"Could you fit the lot all in one car?" he seemed amused.

"We've done that once in Lucky's Jeep. Usually we take two cars though."

"If it's okay with you I'd think I'd just rather drive there on my own. I already feel like I'm intruding," he mumbled.

"You sure? I mean, I could go with you if you wanted," I offered despite the blushing in my cheeks.

"You must really want to go with me," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "So what?"

He was caught off guard by my honest response, "Alright. I'll pick you up then."