new phase

My body sunk into the pocket of warmth surrounding me. I didn't want to open my eyes just yet, as I didn't basically every Saturday morning. I rolled over slightly trying to get comfortable again from the way I shifted during the night. My mind was hazy and full of light and blissfully empty as I inhaled deeply. I stretched my legs as far as they could go until they met a stronger, more hairy limb. My eyes shot wide open and like something out of some crappy adult movie I turned to find another human asleep next to me.

I was too shocked to move and with growing panic I was beginning to question if either of us were still clothed under my plush white comforter. Slowly I pushed myself up to a sitting position and when the cool air of my bedroom felt a little too cool against my chest I was on the verge of a mental breakdown. I slumped back against my pillow, trying to make as little movement as possible and drowned in my realization.

The bed shook beside me and was followed by a voice that I thought couldn't get any more rough, "Luna?"

I swallowed the massive lump in my throat, "Yeah, Zain?"

He propped himself up and I felt him look at me even though I had my eyes shut, "Just because you can't see me, doesn't mean I can't see you."

Immediately I yanked the covers up over my chest, horrified. He is annoying in absolutely every situation, it is a proven fact now. In an instant I had a million memories flitting through my mind of last night and I wondered just how the hell I ended up in this situation. I mean last night it was all emotions and confusion but it was also passion and magic and fucking cosmic. But now I'm here and it's morning and he's here which means all of it was real and I didn't know how to react. Not even a moment passed and Zain was attempting to wrap his arm around me. I couldn't move again so all I could do was watch it happen.

"Luna, in all seriousness I-"

"Nope!" I surprised us both by saying- or rather yelping.

"Nope what? I-"

"Definitely no seriousness yet. It's too early you um- you," I shoved his arm off of me and scooted him to the other side of the bed, "you stay over there and I'm going to... pace- yes! I'm going to pace until my brain can function again."

"Okay..." he cleared his throat, "but Luna-"

"No buts okay this is how it's going down, this is my house, my bed and we- I am going to-"

"I was just going to um... Luna you're kind of naked. Just by the way."

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath. I looked down at myself. So I was.

I heard him trying to muffle his laugh with my comforter, "Fuck you."

He didn't even bother trying to cover his laugh this time and I groaned the entire cold ass walk to my closet. I sat there with my toes curled under my feet, just staring at my clothes for a solid five minutes. There's no way in hell this actually happened. I just slept naked because I was too lazy to put on pajamas. And Zain was naked because that's just how he slept. We didn't actually-

But we did.

We fucking did.

Shit.

Shit.

Fuck.

Breathe Luna.

Quickly I threw on the nightgown that was just lying on the floor and not on my body and walked back to my room. I stood in the doorway to my bathroom with my hands on my hips. Zain's smirk was present as ever and because of that I had to take a deeper breath than usual.