moonlit walks

"Matt fucking Healy touched my hand I swear to you Violet I am never washing this hand ever again I will get one of those plastic hamster balls and weld it to my wrist my life is changed forever!" yeah I realized I was screaming in her face but that was partially because I couldn't hear out of my ears.

"He looked into my soul Luna that man is something dark and magical how did I not fall dead at my knees the moment those stupid curls bounced into view Lord save my aching heart!" and apparently Violet had gone deaf as well.

"Girls right?" Lucky turned to Monte.

"They're just Girls breakin' hearts!" Monte belted.

"Violet I'm serious my life has completely changed, I will never view anything the same, he was so, so... poetic and memorizing and the message he told through his vocals was pure beauty I-"

"And his frickin' body hot damn he was spillin' that wine bottle all over the place and I was about to pour it all over his porcelain torso he was driving me insane," Violet fanned herself.

"He is a beautiful man," Monte agreed.

"She's already insane," Lucky leaned over so that only I could hear.

I watched Violet swing herself as she walked and couldn't help smiling because yeah, she was a tad off her rocker. Not that I could blame her. We were in the presence of musical geniuses mere moments ago.

The night was pitch black and damp and almost completely silent aside from our racing minds and the ringing in our ears. It was the best kind of calm; one of pure satisfaction. After experiencing music in such an intimate venue, it can make you vulnerable but when you are surrounded by your friends, the stinging feeling of 'overness' doesn't seem so bad. Your friends and the memories are proof that it wasn't all just a dream. And yeah I kind of sounded ridiculous but I did just say Matt Healy changed my life forever.

"So what do you say we grab something to eat real quick? I'm definitely not ready to go home just yet," Lucky addressed to us.

"Let's rent a hotel room!" Violet added.

I laughed, "Violet I have to work tomorrow."

"So take a day off!"

"Then I don't get payed."

"I thought you said Matt Healy changed your life," She challenged.

"You know what you're right," I agreed.

"I know."

A little while later we found ourselves in some random local restaurant eating mozzarella sticks and laughing at how Violet and I were bawling when Matt singled us out while singing fallingforyou. I know there were at least a zillion other people in the room but he was just singing to us. Even Monte got a little emotional but no one really mentioned that.

"Honestly how does one get their hair like that? Who is his stylist because I can never get my locks as voluminous and perfect as his," Monte said.

"Well first off your hair isn't nearly as long as his, so maybe that's it. Maybe if you grew your hair out more it would be thicker and easier to manage," I replied thoughtfully. Matty's curls were pretty hard to beat.

"I'd look like a hippie," Monte complained.

I shrugged.

"Can we just talk about John Waugh for a minute? Without his saxophonist addition to the band that concert wouldn't have been nearly as amazing," Violet said.