namasté

It was Tuesday. The official worst day of the week. On top of that, I had to go back to school and fix the big sloppy mess I made with my friends. It reminded me a bit of a slobbery bull dog, the whole situation. Like everywhere the stubby mutt went he would leave a nasty trail of thick saliva. Just a gross, smelly, reluctant-to-clean-up mess. But I was just going to have to snap on a pair of rubber gloves and deal with it.

My phone was playing the new extended playlist, or EP for those who are uneducated, I bought yesterday when Zain suggested it to me while we sat by my horrible graffiti and talked. It was called Candy and it was by this guy, BØRNS, who I had never heard of but his music was seriously addicting. Zain told me the dude lived in a tree house in Los Angeles but whether or not that was true I didn't know. It would be sick if it was. I blame Zain for that wretched word finding its way into my vocabulary due to how much time I've been spending with him. Anyway, I decided sometime between 10,000 Emerald Pools and Past Lives that BØRNS might just be my new Matt Healy. Of course Matty could never be replaced, BØRNS is just that good. And I found myself admitting for the third time that Zain, undoubtedly, had amazing music taste.

I indulged in the way my fluffy carpet felt between my toes as I walked to my closet to pick out my clothes. I inspected a small section of its contents for about fives minutes before I just decided on a thin black and white striped short sleeve shirt with a cute little pocket and a pair of black skinny jeans. The thing I liked the most about that shirt was that the stripes were small and I don't know I guess that and the soft material made it one of my favorite shirts.

With a sigh I let my white and silver waves alone and put on a pair of sunglasses which Sienna told me looked very "hippy-ish." I told her that she hadn't seen hippy sunglasses until she saw the pairs Lucky purchased during his peaceful phase.

Once my bag was slung over my shoulder and my keys were in my hand, I walked out of the house, munching on a banana as I got into Ciara to drive to school. It was an exceptionally sunny Tuesday morning which I expected to add to the horrible-ness of the day even more, but surprisingly the rays of bright light soothed me in a way. Almost like they were kissing my cheeks and telling me that everything was going to be okay. I mean, I surely hoped it would.

The ride to school was short and sweet which eased the tension in my shoulders some but not much. I parked Ciara as close as I could to the school's entrance and walked slowly through the muggy heat until I was blasted with the overpowering air conditioning as I opened the door. I kept running through my head whether it would be better if I sought my friends out to apologize to them or let them come to me, along with mentally writing down possible scripts of what I would say. Most of the dialogue was crumpled and discarded from my memory. I had prepared for everything but Violet hurling herself at me the minute she spotted me in the main hallway. Taken aback, I stood there with stiff arms until I registered the hug she was giving me.

"Luna, I'm sorry okay. All I could hear in my head yesterday was what you told me and you're right and I hate it when we fight so can we just stop?" she rushed out all at once.

It took me a minute to process what she said and soon I was smiling over her shoulder, still in her tight grip, "Yeah we can. I'd like that."

She sighed and smooshed her face even more against my shoulder, "Good, because I missed you."

I laughed, "It's only been a day, Vi."

"A day too long," her voice was a little quieter than before and I could hear how much she meant those words. I could never stay mad at Violet. She was my best friend and whether I liked to think so or not, she really cared about me, just as much as I did her.