"hang out"

"Luna, what the hell!? I leave you alone for one weekend and you show up with your nose pierced?" Violet had me by the shoulders at my locker.

I giggled, "Do you like it?"

"Of course I like it. But what the hell!" she tried to keep from smiling but it didn't work out too well for her.

"It just happened okay, chill," I laughed and started walking down the hallway with her.

"It just happened, yeah, okay. A sharp needle stabbing your nose just happened," Violet shook her head.

I laughed at her reaction. She had a habit of exaggerating everything. That was the main reason I still hadn't told her about Zain. There was definitely something to tell her now. I decided I would tell her soon as we continued to walk. The whole school was darker than it normally would be in the morning because of the thunderstorm. The rain was pouring down so fast that the glass of the windows were too blurry to see out of. These were my favorite type of storms. Soon we were walking over to our group's designated table in the library.

"Luna, your nose!" Monte was the first to notice and then everyone was commenting on it.

"Thanks," I smiled, blushing way harder than I wanted to, "where are Sienna and Liam?"

Lucky shrugged, "Haven't seen them all morning. Maybe they went to go make up something that they didn't get done before we left."

I nodded. Then groaned, "That reminds me. I have a makeup project due in my art class."

"We do as well. We could all just work together on it, if you want to join us?" Louis offered, gesturing to Monte and himself.

I smiled, "That would be way better than me working by myself."

"It's settled then," Louis smiled.

"The bell is about to ring. Off to Calc we go you two," Violet announced and grabbed Louis and I.

"I might seriously regret saying this, but I actually kind of missed school. And calc," I admitted as we all walked down the hallway.

"I most certainly do not," Louis shook his head.

"I agree with pixie over there," Violet added.

I laughed at the two. They were probably right. I probably wouldn't miss it as soon as class started. I definitely did not miss all of the over-baked Barbie girls and salt covered surfer boys that crowded the hallways after break. I know I was friends with a girl that was pretty tan and had bright blonde hair as well as a surfer boyfriend of hers but I just couldn't erase my mindset for the entire school. Sienna and Liam were different and until all these tan beach bimbos proved they were different too, my opinion stood strong.

I wrapped my black leather jacket around me tighter as some sort of beach bum repellent and tried to ignore the overwhelming scent of coconut perfume in my classroom. It was days like these that the true darkness in my soul shined through. I channeled the power of the thunderstorm to get through Calc, which (as Louis and Violet predicted) I did not actually miss.

School dragged on like it normally did and by the time lunch rolled around I didn't have anymore thunderstorm to channel so I could survive the rest of the day.

"Oh my god, Luna! Your nose!" Sienna's eyes were wide but she smiled big as she studied my piercing.

"I know. Like it?" I asked as she turned my head side to side so that the stud would sparkle as it caught the light.

"Love it," she squished her face into a smile before sitting back down at our lunch table.

Liam had told us before Sienna came to sit down that something came up this morning and to not bother Sienna about it. Although I was dying to know what was wrong, I respected his request and kept my mouth shut. If Sienna wanted to talk about it with me or anyone else, she would do it when she was ready.