spring break: exploring London

We got back to the hotel at a little after four in the afternoon which gave us plenty of time to get ready for the London Eye and River Thames cruise thingy we had planned for the rest of the day. Although all I really wanted to do was pass out on the extremely inviting hotel bed that I immediately flopped on once we returned. I guess the jet lag and traveling was finally catching up to me.

"We've got about forty minutes until we need to be there so should we just leave now to avoid any type of line or anything?" Violet questioned to all of us as we sat around in the left hotel room.

"I think leaving early would be a good idea," Liam agreed.

"Let's hop to it then!" Sienna smiled brightly, putting on her purse enthusiastically.

I groaned, but not loud enough for anyone to hear. I couldn't be the only one that was tired but that's how it seemed just then. Maybe they were still running of the vorfreude or something.

"C'mon Luna moona!" Violet chirped as she gave my bum a friendly pat.

Slowly I peeled myself from the cloud of heaven I had been happily drowning in and blew the pillows a kiss.

Violet snorted, "You can sleep when you're dead!"

"I already am," I muttered but couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Yes I was impossibly exhausted, but I still was also excited to finish out this first day in London with a bang. So I slung my purse onto my shoulder once more and followed the rest of the group down to the lobby of The Savoy. My mother had a few cars rented for us that we used to drive from the airport to the hotel but we all came to a mutual agreement that the fifteen minute walk to the London Eye wasn't that big of a deal and that we would rather walk then miss out on the beauty of the city. We stepped out onto the drying pavement, the rain long passed but still seeped within the cracks of the roads. The overcast sky that always blinds me when I first step out, welcomed me as a friend.

London was alive during the day. Everywhere you looked there was something happening, whether it was a mob of people crossing the street, a singer on the corner or someone just chattering away in a telephone booth, the people all made up a chapter of the story that I was taking my time turning. The phone booths were the bright red stereotypical telephone booths you always hear about in the books and movies when something was set in London and I made a mental note that I would make a random phone call in one of those just for the hell of it. It was all part of the experience, I convinced myself.

We all kept a pretty moderate pace, following Violet's directions on how to get there even though the giant Ferris wheel was already in sight. I linked my arm with Monte and skipped the rest of the way to the entrance where we would turn in our tickets. Our group huddled up behind the somewhat short line and just stood, looking around and talking amongst ourselves. I took this opportunity to check my phone and saw that Zain had snapchat me back a while ago after I sent him one with Fizzy and I. Oops.

I opened it to see him a lot more people than before that still kind of looked like him. He was just making some stupid (though he probably thought it was cool) face that the rest of the boys in the picture were doing and I shook my head. Those were probably his friends and cousins, I didn't know. I turned around and faced the camera towards me.

"Everyone, get in!" I addressed my friends.

They all turned around simultaneously and scrunched into the picture. It looked a lot like Zain's only, of course, mine was cooler. But not really.

"What was that for? We aren't even on the Ferris wheel yet," Violet commented.

I turned away to check Zain's snapchat bubble.