color

The rest of the week passed by way too quickly for my liking and the looks Zain had been giving me, I liked even less. It was so weird, even for him. He just kept eying me like he was trying to warn me of my doom that was soon to come. Except that was ridiculous so I couldn't figure out why he was doing it.

It was a peaceful Sunday afternoon and I had been hiding from my prying mother the entire morning after I ate breakfast. Seeing as how tonight I would be going out with a boy and some friends I figured I would let her know where I would be. And it was probably the biggest mistake of my life. So now I was cooped up in my room with the door locked avoiding her constant pleas to get me to come out and get my hair and nails done and buy a pretty dress and jewelry and everything to impress him! As she so obnoxiously put it. I don't think she would ever quite catch onto the fact that I hate being bought things. And anyways if I wanted to impress Louis I definitely wouldn't spend a fortune on getting my nails done, because honestly he probably wouldn't care.

"Honey when are you guys leaving?" My mother called through the door.

"Five thirty," I grumbled.

"Oh we still have time to go get your-"

"No," I groaned.

"Alright well if you change your mind-"

"Leave," I groaned again.

I couldn't hear her loud heels click away from my door so I knew she was still right by it. I got up, unlocked it and swung it open, causing her to fall.

"Did you change your mind?" She asked, standing up to straighten herself out.

"No. I'm hungry," I stated bluntly and walked around her to the kitchen. My eye twitched when I heard her noisy footsteps behind me.

"So what's he like?" She asked, trying to annoy me until she could bring up the topic of me getting ready again.

"British," I shrugged and grabbed the tin of cashews.

"Oh so it's no wonder he's into you," She said enthusiastically.

"What?" I raised a brow at her and chewed on the salty nut.

"Don't British boys like... fair skinned girls?" She tried to sugar coat the fact that I was as pale as paper.

"Oh my God, mom," I groaned and put the tin back in the cabinet.

"I'm just saying we could go to the tanning salon and bring a little color to your-"

"I'm going to Violet's. Good-bye," I walked past her to get my keys and headed towards the front door.

"Okay honey tell her I said hi!" She called after me, trying to walk faster so that she could attempt to kiss me or something.

"Whatever," I said as I hurried out of the door before she could catch up. That lady has probably spent her entire life in heels yet she couldn't walk faster than a turtle to save her life.

As soon as I was in Ciara I turned the volume up on the radio as loud as it would go so I could drown my mother's annoying voice in my head. She has never understood, does not and will never understand. I took a deep breath as I started on my way to Violet's.

I took the shorter way to Terin Court until I finally pulled up to the familiar tan house with cute windows and an equally as cute front yard. I walked up the multicolored stone driveway to her front door and took the key from under her plant pot to let myself in, like I had done so many times before. I was half of the reason she even left the key there; she knew how my mom and I got sometimes. I loved her so much for that. And though it wasn't one of those times, here was still the first place I went when my mother was annoying me.