friends

"Luna!" my mom's voice found its way into my dreams.

"What?" I yelled back, still half asleep.

"Are you going to school today? It's already almost eight!" she called back up to my room.

Normally I would freak out and spring from my bed to try and get myself ready as quickly as possible. But I had already planned on skipping out on life today so I just snuggled further into my comforter. Sometimes you just have to let the world move on without you for a day.

"I don't feel good," I told her, "can you call for me and tell them I'm sick?"

"Sure thing honey! Do you need anything?" her voice was getting closer.

"No! I'm fine thanks," I said quickly.

"Okay just call me if you do," I heard her footsteps getting further away and I relaxed back into my pillows.

I really was kind of sick. I had been coughing ever since Zain gave me a ride home (on the motorcycle that I had no idea he owned) and I guess that could've been from the cigarette I smoked but I was going to pretend it was a cold. I definitely wasn't staying home because I was avoiding my friends and problems. Sure I was terrified to explain myself and feeling dreadfully guilty about making it seem like I didn't approve of Louis and Monte. But I can confirm that those reasons have no relation as to why I'm staying home. At all.

Besides, my car was still at Violet's and I was not about to call her and have her recklessly drive my car back to my house. I didn't want to face her, or any of them for that matter. just yet. I wouldn't know what to say. The events of last night still stung a little. I felt like such a coward but then again I felt that my feelings were justified. I had never been rejected, mostly because I've never put myself in the position to be rejected. That feeling that I had last night was enough to convince me never to put myself in that position again.

I checked my phone and was surprised to see that I didn't have any calls or messages. I couldn't decide if that was a good thing or a bad thing so I just decided to put my phone back on my night stand. I got out of bed only to put the 1975 vinyl on my phonograph, then crawled back under the covers and fell asleep.

There was a soft knock at my door a few hours later and I started rubbing my eyes as my door opened.

"I got you some lunch, if you're hungry," my mom told me as she walked towards my bed to set down a bag that said Subway on it in front of me.

I tried not to get irritated at the fact that I didn't even ask her to go out and buy me lunch, "Thanks."

She smiled and nodded at me before hesitantly walking back out of my room. It made me sad sometimes with how I treated her and made me wish that we could go back to how we were before. But that guilt always evaporated quickly. My mom and I will never be the same and that was her own damn fault. It would be my father's fault as well, if he was ever here.

I ate my sandwich in silence when my phone vibrated against the wood of my night stand. I let out a breath of relief when the name that lit up my screen wasn't who I thought it would be. I was surprised at the time and realized it was already forth block.

From Biker Boy: Must be an eclipse today huh ?

I scrunched my eyebrows together at the strange text.

To Biker Boy: wtf r u talking ab???

I took another bite out of my sandwich and chewed as I waited for him to reply.

From Biker Boy: Haven't seen lil luna so she must be hidin behind earth's shadow !!

I nearly choked on the bite I had been trying to swallow. Curse that idiot for making me laugh at his dumb joke. I should've seen it coming really.