haircuts and mix cd's

Tuesday. Officially voted the worst day of the week. It was far enough away from the previous weekend and not close enough to the next. Violet and I had a debate once on which day of the week was the most dreadful. We were going to choose Monday like anyone else would but we ruled it out since we usually got enough sleep and never had homework those nights. Tuesday was where the pain lied. And Tuesday just happened to be today.

"Are you doing anything after school today?" I asked Violet, bumping into her shoulder as we walked down the hallway.

"Yeah it's Lucky's mom's birthday and they invited me to have dinner with them. Why?" She talked while she adjusted the binder in her arms.

"No reason. I just wasn't doing anything and I wanted to see if you could hang out. It's been a while since we've had just a little Violet and Luna time," I explained, watching the floor to make sure I didn't step on the blue tiles.

"I hear ya punk. We can this weekend. Promise," She smiled brightly at me.

"I'm holding you to that. I'll see you later, have fun in APUSH," I teased as we parted ways.

"My efforts for this test I'm about to take will be Henry Clay running for prez two point oh," Violet said as she opened the door.

I laughed, "A tragic failure?"

She nodded. I laughed again. Violet and her lame history jokes. She probably wouldn't fail anyway. She was a smart kid; we both were. Contrary to the popular belief that we were idiots. Which was also kinda true. Smart idiots.

I sat through my excruciatingly boring AP Language and Composition class. We turned in our papers at the start of class and as unorganized as our teacher was, we had nothing to do since our next unit wasn't prepared yet. Out of all my advanced classes I could safely say that this one was a complete joke. I loved English and the English language itself fascinated me, but this class sucked everything even remotely entertaining or even worth learning out of English. So by the time the bell rang I had almost filled up five pages, back to back with doodles. Typical.

After taking notes on biomes and other shit I already know in Environmental Science, I made my way towards the art room. Louis caught up to me in the hallway a few minutes after I started walking.

"Luna I've to show you what I've been workin' on once we get downstairs," He told me with a excited sparkle in his eyes.

"Swag," I replied quickly.

"Did you just sa-"

My eyes widened, "God no I- sorry. This dumb guy that just passed me said it and I guess I wasn't thinking and honestly I don't even know but I hope that never happens again," I rushed as my cheeks started to turn red.

Louis laughed, "Good. That was weird coming from your mouth."

"It was weird saying it," I shook my head.

Louis opened the door for me before he rushed over to the supply closet. Oh swag, good one Luna, Louis must be so impressed by your vast vernacular, I thought to myself. I set my stuff down at my usual table (free of Zain currently) and watched him as he carried an easel and canvas, which he set up in front of me. I looked over the mixture of roughly drawn pencil lines and the beginnings of depth made possible by Louis' ridiculous ability to match paint colors exactly. The unfinished mini mural that spanned before me was a painting of all of us. Louis, Monte, Violet, Lucky, Liam, Sienna, and I. I didn't notice that my hands were covering my mouth in awe before I tried to talk through my fingers.

"Louis I love it so much! This is so- it just... captures us perfectly, like spot on. And not just like the quality of your painting but like- it's almost like you painted with our personalities instead of acrylics," I couldn't stop staring at Louis' work in progress.