Where Our Story Begins

I sat in the diner with Ryan sitting across from me.
We laughed as we told old stories and funny jokes we used to laugh about as kids. My joy-filled laughs slowly faded as he caught my eye.
His beautiful blue eyes that stood out amongst all others, the blonde hair that hangs over his forehead. But now it was cut...short. A bull cut.
And his lengthy, slim structure is now replaced with a more muscular body, and a prominent jawline.
He had definitely grown up.
He joked with his friends as they almost passed our table, but paused when I caught his glance.
He forwarded all of his attention to me, and gulped hard as he looked me up and down.
I sighed, and he sent me an unreadable expression as he slowly backed away and followed his friends.
"Oh my god," I mumbled as I stuffed my face into my hands.
"Was that...?" Ryan started, letting the sentence finish itself.
"Yes," I sighed.
"Aw, hun don't be upset. Leo's your past now."
"I know but...seeing him here just doesn't sit right with me. I feel queasy." I mumbled.
"I know," she sighed as she took my hand in hers and stroked it comfortingly.
"I'm just so embarrassed. He looks so much more..."
"Sexy?" Ryan laughed.
I widened my eyes and huffed as I set my head on the table.
"Hey Gia, listen. I understand you guys have some rocky history, but that was in high school. I mean c'mon, you guys are graduating college soon!" She laughed.
I nodded and laughed also.
"I'm sorry, G." She sighed.
I felt a hot tear slip down my cheek as I quickly wiped it away and set my chin in my palm.
"High school boyfriends are the worst," I mumbled into my hand.
"I know," Ryan laughed.
"Can we please get out of here?" I said quickly.
"Yeah," she sighed.

-
a.n. i think i'm gonna start using different povs:) sounds kinda fun to have the story from different perspectives. hopefully everyone enjoys that lol.

Leo's POV:
"Hey man, why you so down?" Brad asked me as we sat at a booth.
"Nothin, just a lil' tired." I lied.
"Alright, whatever bro." He shrugged.
Her image kept replaying in my head. She looked so grown up. I mean she was beautiful back in high school but now she's just...
Hot.
Really hot.
"Earth to Leo...?" Jonathan waved a hand in front of my face.
"Uh- yeah sorry. Just day dreamin'" I huffed.
The guys at the booth all exchanged looks and leaned forward on the table, expecting something out of me.
"What?" I spat.
Brad held his hands up in surrender as Freddie huffed, sitting back.
"What the fuck is up with you, man?" Jonathan said.
Jonathan; always been the bold one of the group.
"What do you mean? I told you, I'm tired."
"Cut the shit bro." Freddie sighed as he sat back up.
I eyed all of them and then took a deep breath, finally giving in.
"My ex is here."
"Yooo." Brad cooed as him and Jonathan laughed.
"Shut the fuck up," I punched their shoulder.
"Well, tell us about her." Freddie leaned in, interested.
"Ok..."
"What's her name?"
"Is she funny?"
"What's her favorite color?"
"What's her favorite animal?"
"Does she like pineapple on pizza?"
"Does she watch anime—"
"Bro, what the fuck?" I laughed.
"What?" Freddie shrugged.
"You watch anime?" Brad raised his eyebrows as he stifled his laugh.
"N-No I didn't- I didn't say that," He mumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.
All of us bursted into a fit of laughter as Freddie sunk into the booth and pouted.
"Alright you guys can cut it out now," he rolled his eyes.
We all calmed down and cleared our throats, as we sat back up.
"Seriously though man, tell us a little about her. She must be pretty special if she could catch your eye like that." Jonathan winked
"She is- was, really special to me but, you know." I sighed.
"Things change."
"How did things end—or change?" Jonathan questioned as he took a sip from his glass.
"She told me she loved me and I just...I wasn't really expecting that ya' know?"
"Doesn't matter whether you were expecting it or not. If you really felt that way about her then you would've instantly said it, like without a second thought." Brad shrugged.
"How do you know all that?" I asked him.
He eyed me as if it were obvious.
Brad; the stupid player out of all of us. His kind demeanor fools you at first but once you're locked in, you're locked in.
"But, I do feel that way it's just-"
"Do?" Freddie said raised his eyebrows.
"Did." I said as I glared at Freddie.
"Anyway, I loved her...I think. And she went full blown psycho girlfriend on me for being a little confused with my feelings." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.
"Chicks are fuckin' crazy man." Brad huffed.
"Hey—put yourself in her perspective. How do you think she felt when she told the one person in the world she loved that she loved them, and they didn't say anything back? Don't you think she might feel like you don't feel the same way?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow.
"You sidin' with the chick now Jon?" Brad scowled.
"Look, all I'm sayin' is that her reaction was most likely reasonable. Plus, it's Leo we're talkin' about. Probably smashed her heart into two." Jonathan huffed.
The guys laughed but I just sighed and rubbed my temples, as a headache grew.
"Guys I-" I sighed.
"I can't do this right now." I mumbled as I stood from the booth and walked out of the diner.
And that's when we clashed.
Well Gia,
This is where our story begins—
for the second time.

a.n.
ahh i hate wattpads that are like perfect the entire time so i had to add something to make this more interesting for y'all😭if u didn't catch on this is like YEARS later. so what i'm implying is that on the night gia told leo she loved him, they broke up and now they're meeting for the first time years and years later. buuut i'm currently starting another wattpad so once i finish this one i can start to publish the first few chapters of it. also i hope everyone enjoyed the different povs lol.