Do the honor

February 6th, 7:09 P.M.

gia.rylin

567,231 LIKES|398,307 COMMENTS

gia.rylin i guess it's a secret

comments have been disabled!

__________________________________________

"Who is it?" Ryan interrogated.

Sam and I had invited Ryan and Val over to the house to spend the night, and for the past thirty minutes they've been interrogating me on who the boy in the picture is. Obviously it's Leo. Him and I have been spending a lot of secret time together in the last month. We aren't really an 'item' yet but for now that's fine. Leo said we should see how things work out before we take a step further, so we don't ruin our friendship. I agreed to it, and right now things are going perfect the way they are. The only annoying this is, is that we have to keep this all a big secret from everyone. Including our friends.

"It's obviously Leo." Sam shrugged.

I scoffed, "Yeah right."

"I don't think it's Leo," Val started. "I think she wants us to think it's Leo so we're not focusing on who it really is." She raised her eyebrows.

Sam nodded in understanding and turned to me.
"Shawn? Danny?" She asked.

"Danny is not for grabs," Ryan sighed.

"Oh yeah," Sam looked up.

I laughed and looked down at my ring. Apparently Sam noticed my staring and rushed over to me and grabbed my hand.

"I knew it! It is Leo!" She shouted.

"Shh," I laughed as I covered her mouth. "It's not Leo." I said as I admired the ring.

"Yes it is. You call him lover boy, look at the ring." She pointed at the words loveryboy x lovergirl engraved inside of the infinity symbol.

"That doesn't mean he's the mystery boy in the picture," Ryan added.

"Ugh, that's true." Sam sighed. "I'm done here." She stood up and pulled out her phone to go on Instagram.

"Finally," I breathed out.

"I was convinced she'd just tell you who it is considering you were pestering her for about thirty minutes straight." Val said to Sam.

Sam shrugged and returned her gaze back to her phone.

"We should do something." Ryan said.

"Like what?" Val asked.

"Like..." Ryan dragged on.

"Make cookies!" Sam interrupted.

We all agreed and rushed downstairs to the kitchen. As we pulled out all of the ingredients we all paused once we heard a noise.

"What was that?" Sam whispered.

We all shrugged and waiting a minute before the noise came back. It was a small bang coming from upstairs.

"Someone go check!" Val whisper-shouted.

"Hell no," Ryan sighed.

"I'm not going either," Sam shivered.

"You guys are pussies. I'll go." I smiled cockily at all of them and slowly walked up the stairs, as the sound got louder when I was finally outside of my bedroom. I shoved the door open and stepped back. I peaked my head in the doorway hesitantly and looked around.

"Is anyone in here?" I asked.

Silence.

I sighed, and just as I was about to turn around I heard a knock at the window. I slowly tip toed to the window and opened the curtains to see Leo waiting for me outside of my window. I sighed in relief and smiled at him. He gave me a small wave before I opened up the window and set my soft lips against his. He smiled into the kiss before we pulled apart and I climbed out of the window to join him outside. I slammed the window shut on my way out as Leo intertwined our fingers. We ran across my yard and down the road until we were completely out of sight from the house, so we no longer had to hide.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Well," he sighed. "I have something really important to ask you, and I wanted to take you somewhere special for it."

I smiled as we walked towards Shawn's road and past his house. Leo turned a corner and we were now walking through a field of daises. My lips parted and I looked up at Leo with a big grin. We kept our grip on each other's hands as we ran across the field and past the trees, to be met with the river. But it looked much different than last time. The pathway had candles along the side that led up to the gazebo, which had more candles and a small red blanket in the middle. I smiled in awe at the beautiful gesture that Leo had done for me. We walked down the pathway until we were standing in the middle of the gazebo, just like we had been on New Years.

"So what do you want to ask me?" I asked him.

He took a deep breath and looked at me with a soft, sincere smile.
"Gianna Elizabeth Rylin," He began. "You make me feel...oh god." He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. "How do I even explain that?" He laughed. "You set off fireworks inside of me, and make me feel so, so special. Your smile is about just as contagious as your smell, which I can't seem to ever get away from." He smiled. "And you're the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. And I want you to be the only woman I ever say those words to. What I'm trying to ask you is..."
He reached behind him and grabbed a small rose, holding it out to me.
"Will you do the honor of being my girlfriend, Gia?"

My eyes grew wide, and without even thinking the word slipped out of my mouth. "Yes," I breathed out.
A wide grin spread across my face as Leo's smile was ear-to-ear.

He quickly pulled me into a tight hug, as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck lovingly.