Loverboy

August 3rd, 2:58 P.M.

I looked up at the blonde boy with wide eyes, to see the same expression on his face. I looked up at Sam and back at Val for any sort of since of direction, but both of them looked as clueless as I did.

"No, don't do it. You can't." Layla said sternly, glaring at the boy.

"Rules are rules," he said.

He then gestured me to the closet, and I hesitantly stood up to follow after him. Suddenly Val gripped onto my wrist and pulled me down to eye-level.

"Please do not fuck my brother," She whispered.

"Your brother?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Mhm, now go." She pushed me away jokingly and i gave her a nervous look as I entered the closet with the boy. I immediately kept my distance as he stood there awkwardly. As soon as my eyes landed on a bookshelf leaning against the wall, I rushed over as I ran my finger tips along the spines of each book. Until my finger stopped at one, specifically, my favorite book of all time. I quickly sat down against the wall next to the bookshelf and opened the book as my eyes became glued to the page.

The boy let out a loud sigh, but I chose to ignore his presence and keep reading. He walked in a circle and then mumbled something to himself before sitting next to me and leaning over my shoulder to look at the book.

"Whatcha readin'?" He asked me.

"Gatsby." I responded quickly, uninterested.

"Oh that's really..." He thought for a moment and leaned back against the wall as he fiddled with his fingers. "Cool..."

"Mhm." I responded plainly.

He glanced over at me a few times and i glared back at him.

"So what are your thoughts on the book then, mystery boy?" I asked him.

He looked taken back by the nick name but acted casually. "I uh," he cleared his throat awkwardly and ran his hand through his hair. "I think it's pretty cool."

"Hm." I looked up and then suddenly slammed the book shut, causing him to jump. I smiled to myself and leaned forward.

"You've never read it...have you?" I interrogated.

He quickly shook his head embarrassingly and tried not to hold eye contact.

I snorted and then stood up to place the book back on the shelf carefully. I sat back down against the wall, keeping my distance from the boy and sighed.

"Tell me about yourself, mystery boy." I said.

"Um, well. I'll start with my real name." he replied.

"Alright," I laughed.

"My names Leonardo. But everyone calls me Leo, for short." he said simply.

I nodded. "I like your name. It's..."

He gestured for me to go on as I thought for a moment and then quickly sat up and looked at him.
"Authentic."

"Authentic?" Leo asked me with a smile.

"If you want it to be I guess. I get Leonardo Da Vinci vibes." I shrugged.

Leo jumped enthusiastically at the name and looked back at me. "My mom named me after that guy!"

I chuckled awkwardly, a bit taken back at the enthusiasm.

He cleared his throat awkwardly and looked back at the ground, "You're Gia right?" He asked me.

I slowly fixed my posture and looked back at him, nodding my head.

Suddenly a loud ringing sound went off from Leo's direction and he looked down at his wrist and lifted his eyebrows.

"Our seven minutes in heaven are up." He sighed.

"Hm what a shame Leonardo," I pouted sarcastically.

"Don't call me that," he mumbled.

I scoffed. "You just gave me another reason to call you that." I joked.

"And what is that?" He leaned forward, inches away from my face.

My breath quickened and i put my hand against his forehead and pushed him away, as he squinted his eyes shut in fear of my reaction.

"Slow down lover boy." I laughed.

He opened his eyes slowly and smirked at me as he slowly backed away and exited the closet, followed by me.