♠ 24

"You are a blessing Nandini, an angel.. And angels didn't hurt anyone, they just spread love and happiness like you always do.."

"It's when I was around 6 before the death of my father

"It's when I was around 6 before the death of my father... I was apple of his eyes being the youngest of all and being only daughter. He loved me a lot and used to fulfill every demand of mine. One day I along with Ishaan and Naman bhai sa were playing together. Both Ishaan and I have to hide and bhai sa had to find us. I was hiding in choti maa's room when I heard her talking to a maid to.. give poison to my father by mixing it in food because her earlier trick wasn't successful.." Nandini said.

"Earlier trick?" Manik asked.

"I heard them talking that choti maa mixed sleeping pills in my father's food so that she can take his Royal signature on the papers of. .." Nandini said and started coughing.

Manik quickly offers her a glass of water and makes her drink it. "It's ok Nandini.. tell me some another day.. You aren't well right now and weak too. You shouldn't speak this much.. We will talk about it some another day.."

Nandini give him a small smile. "Don't worry Manik, nothing will happen to me.. I won't leave you that easily.."

Manik smiled at her. "I won't let you leave me too... Now please sleep it's already very late night. You aren't well.." He said with concern.

Nandini keeps her hand on his. "Manik, please let me speak today, if I didn't tell you today, maybe.. I never can... Please.." Manik stared at her for a moment but then agreed. "Okay.."

"But what papers were they? I mean what were they about?" Manik asked.

"As I already told you, baba loves me a lot. So he has assigned the kingdom of Meerut under my name. Those papers stated that I'll be ruling Meerut when I'll turn 22. He always wanted me to be a queen of the empire that I have established on my own. And Meerut was the biggest empire he had under him.. When baba announced that he'll crowning me as the queen of Meerut, that's the time where the differences between choti maa and maa started taking place... Choti maa was insecure about Ishaan. Although baba gave Ishaan Siroshpur but choti maa wasn't happy about it.. Her thoughts were that baba didn't love Ishaan as he loves me and bhai sa.. She thought that baba always used to difference between all of us but it wasn't true. He always treated us equal... Choti maa tried to take baba's signature on those papers so that she can snatch Meerut from me and give it to Ishaan but she failed.. She had a fight with baba too regarding that and she even bad mouthed about my mother saying she has affairs with other men of soldiers and something like that.. Which cause a drift between choti maa and baba and the matter reached to the point that baba slapped choti maa too.." Nandini said.

"What happened then?" Manik asked.

"I was hiding and listening choti maa and her conversation with a maid who planned to poison baba's food. I thought to tell all this to maa when I'll be escaping from here... After sometime, when choti maa left, I started leaving the room when choti maa caught me...