Compassions of nightmares

Agonisingly slow, they walked back to the others

There dark aura clear from the pale glow of ordinary people. Regret washed over (y/n) like the long slow waves on a shallow beach. Why did she let herself go? She knew it was wrong. She knew it even more as she retold her life events to Jungkook. Each word she spoke, each wave, was icy cold and sent shivers down her spine. She longed to go back in time.  To never enter her old home again and to take a different path. But now that was impossible. A boy she once knew was now dancing with death.

She started the music gave the cue to waltz, counted them in. There was no way back. Even if she knew Hoseok would lead and call off the dance, she still felt guilty. It had sunk too deep. There was no way to make it right. The remorse would eat at her inside to out. She envied the pebbles under her feet, lifeless, unable to feel the torments of life.

Yoongi was also seething in anger because if her. It felt like she had become such a horrid person so quick. She never meant to be. She wondered if it's just what happens when you take jealously, that was so strong, and mix it up with ambition and fear. Every decision she ever made, was built on a combination of these factors in hand. Then why had this one backfired so bad? The picture of Yoongi standing there, staring at her with such disgust in his eyes was all she could see. She didn't know why he was angry at her, but she still felt guilty.

The two finally reached the camp. It was around two hundred meters into the forest, just where the trees thickened. It was safe enough from the civilians. (Not that they had the guts to enter more than ten feet into the forest.) Namjoon was kneeling in the dirt over a small pile of sticks, blowing the tinder, hoping for the dried leaves to ignite into flames. Yoongi had his eyes closed, a scowl present on his face. He sat crossed legged under a great oak. (Y/n) couldn't see Hoseok nor could she sense him, but she knew he was here.

She had an apology to make.

"Where's Hoseok?"

"Just down there" Namjoon pointed further into the forest. She gave a quick nod and made her way down the slight dip.

"Hoseok...Hoseok I need to talk." She whispered out - not quite sure how far she needed to go.

"Hello," a faint voice replied. It was weak and horse but still held life. (Y/n) eyes widened in relief of finding the boy. She rushed overhastily.

"Look I'm sorry, I don't know what happened, but I shouldn't have hurt you. Please-" (y/n) spluttered out her words, they merging into one incoherent noise that begged for forgiveness.

Hoseok sat up, listening. His beaten eyes bore into her stature. "It's ok" he cut her off, deciding he had head enough of her rambling.

"No, it's not" she objected.

Gently he rubbed the front of his neck. "Honestly it's fine," he chuckled slightly. "but I don't think I can go back looking like this"

That was true. People would be hunting for her the instant they saw the state of him. A new flood of guilt washed over once more. It felt like ice in her gut. It could be a hundred degrees out and still be frozen there. She couldn't seem to shrug it off. She needs to fix it. She wanted to be perfect, to be better than him as a little kid, and it killed her that she wasn't. But now she had done it. She had beaten him, and it felt horrid.