Choice pt2

Dove port

Dove port. The winding streets filled with hundreds of people weaving in and out of each other. Stalls lined the roads, selling anything from nick-nacks to fishing lines. It was chaos.

The group shuffled through the crowds to a small, locally-owned inn. It was a traditional-looking building and seemed quite busy. A young farming couple with a small child and a group of elders were sat in the small reception minding their own business.

All nine of them booked in and dumped their bags in their rooms, freeing their backs from the weighted prison.

They strolled casually down the harbour, where boats were hung up like butting and swayed and rocked in the sea. Fishermen filled nets with silver-bellied fish ready to sell.

They wandered down to a practically empty beach. (y/n) whispered into the breeze, her eyelids fluttering closed as she breathed in the salty perfume. Scrunching her toes, she felt the softness of the sand, still damp from the retreating tide. She wriggled as a shiver cascaded down her spine. The sand blurs out in a refreshing daze, the shore fading into liquid gold, vivid in the brilliant light. Her lips curve upward.

She sat down next to Yoongi, her eyes moving from sand to stone, from rock pools to crashing waves. In the gentle summer sunshine, she felt at peace. It was a day for letting her eyes stay open. The gulls brought their high notes to the percussion of pebbles at the shoreline. It was a time they had taken out to just waste.

"I love it here," Yoongi spoke up, his eyes focused on the horizon where a fisherman's boat disappeared. His voice was distant like it he was speaking to another universe.

They sat in silence for a long while, watching the tides creep up the beach and retreat away. The other boys were rock pooling by the cliff face. The rocky outcrops, a torn piece of paper where the rushing waves filled it with tiny fish. There were joyful cheers and shouts from the others mixed with the crashing waves.

Yoongi tore his graze from the sea over at (y/n). Her eyes had locked onto a small seabird that was hopping around.

"You've got something on your face,"

(y/n)s eyes widened, and she began to feel around her face in a panic. He tried to suppress his laugh as he watched.

She kept searching, but Yoongi wasn't giving her many indications of where and what was on her face. This was awful. How long was it on there? They had walked through the busiest part of town and been to the inn, and nobody had thought to mention it. It must have been recently, surly. God, this was so embarrassing.

She was too focused on that to notice Yoongi turn his body. His hand knocked away her facticity, scrubbing ones to replace them. He cupped her face gently, brushing his thumb over the supposed muck on her cheek. His hand lingered a second before he retreated. The then quickly let go and turned back to the sea like nothing.