Gift an inch more of night

(Y/n) woke at around three o'clock in the morning

(Y/n) woke at around three o'clock in the morning. Careful not to make a sound, she tiptoed to the front door with a bag full of all she needed to survive.

(Y/n) looked over at the people she loved more than anything in the world. Dread washed over her like the long slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy and cold and sent divers down her spine.

Her nails dug deep. She gripped her hands so tight even though her palms were sore and burning. A tear threatened to roll down her cheek, but she wouldn't let it. She had left her life once before she could do it again.

They looked so peaceful, their skin bathed in the light of the silver moon that was breaking in from the window. (Y/n) would miss them in every way possible. It was killing her soul, as sure as a dagger can stop a bleeding heart. Her eyes lingered on each and every one of their faces.

Taking in every possible detail as if to ingrain them into her mind forever. Not that she would forget them, they meant too much to her. They were her world.

But she needed more from these woods. She needed to be selfish and mean. She needed to leave behind everyone without so much of a word. It was a rash decision from a moment of high emotion. But deep down, it felt like the right thing.

(Y/n) had hurt them, and she couldn't live knowing it would happen again. Even if they hated her after this, she had to. There was now this intense hunger implanted in her mind (y/n) knew that no matter how much she tried to push it down, it would never go away. All light and goodness that could come from staying would be overshadowed. The hunger she felt would leave her undone and unhappy.

It was logical to leave sooner rather than later, then (y/n) couldn't taint her memories of the boys with bad once that would no doubt come.

She dropped a piece of parchment in front of the door before closing it shut. The letter would hopefully explain her mind to them.

Nausea swirled unrestrained in her empty stomach. (y/n) head swam with half-formed regrets.

Her heart felt as if her blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat. She slid down the back of the door and buried her face to her knees.

With her eyes watering, she said her final goodbye.

Every step pulled at heartstrings as she reached the clearing they so often visited. She could still sense five of the boys in the hut minus Taehyung and Hoseok.

Her hand traced the small scar on her chest through the black fabric. She was strong. She could

last on her own, and it would all work out in the end.

"(Y/n)!" A low voice shouted, shattering every bone in her body like it was paper-thin glass. She daren't move. she daren't even breathe. (Y/n)'s feet froze to the spot. She could feel her heart pulsating in her chest. Deep heavy breathing sound nearby from the same body that spoke her name with such desperation. The hairs on her arms stood to attention as a militia of chills marched down her spine. She swung around.