Tea

(y/n) awoke confused

(y/n) awoke confused. She was dead. But being dead was different.... being dead meant not waking up. Yet here she lay deadly still, awake and surprisingly alive. Her mind was a blank slate.  After a few breaths, the events which lead her there came flooding in. The sword through her abdomen dripping with blood haunted her head.

And in a second of remembering, the pain exploded. She was lying face down on a cleverly made arrangement of pillows and blankets. The seventeen-year-old didn't need to move to feel the tenderness of her back. She tried a slight shift, but agony shot through her, dimming her peripheral vision. She had to bite her lip to prevent screaming out. Each cut had joined together and sent a light agony down each one. It was like the Abbot had done it purposely to provide the utmost torment possible. She was too scared to try and find the stab wound. (y/n) was alive now and would still be alive when she could move her arms without pain. She could wait.

She heard soft movement. Her sense slowly returned. She was still in the monastery and in her own bed. Jihyes voice broke the silence. Even though she had just watched the whole thing happen with raising an arm, (y/n) was still pleased to hear her voice. "How are you feeling?"

(y/n) carefully moved her jaw after making sure it wouldn't hurt to speak. "Horrible."

"I'm not surprised." There wasn't much sympathy in her voice. (y/n) felt her heart sink, the thought of her only friend at Hope siding with the Abbot stung. "I'm surprised he let you live. I thought you were a goner."

"I still don't see how I'm alive. I saw the sword go through me." She shuddered."How am I not dead?"

"The abbots a very skilled swordsman, one of the best warriors in the region. You should have known this before pulling your stupid little stunt. He knew where to strike and avoid any organs. It seems impossible, but he did it."

All hope that she had built up came crashing down - her only chance of getting sympathy was gone and praising the Abbots swordsmanship on a bound girl. Jihye didn't care. She had been assigned to take care of her.

She was alone. (y/n) cursed to her self and wished for death or to go home back to the forest at least. She was done with every living, breathing thing in the monastery. As if Jihye wasn't able to sense that, she must have got some kind of hint. She stepped away from the bed, her head down. "I'm going to let you rest now. The Abbot would want to see you when you're strong enough."

She tried to hold it in as Jihye had left the room, but the hurt came out like an uproar from her throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. The muffled sobs wracked against pillows, the soft fabrics soaked up her tears. The world turned into a blur, and so did all the sounds. The taste. The smell. Every but the throbbing of her back and chest.

~~

Her body tried its best to fix itself. Even with a slight wrong move, the scabs would reopen. It was a full moon till she could even sit up. It was a small achievement, but being able to move was a huge relief. It was made that she was to stay in her quarters. Jihye said the Abbot didn't want her wandering around the monastery till she was completely healthy.