Comfort in strangers

She woke up in a shock sweat raked her body

She woke up in a shock sweat raked her body. The unfamiliar shadows of the room edged along the grey walls. The soft breaths of people sleeping echoed throughout her head, mocking her sleepless state. Once again, the nightmare had plagued her mind. A single tear slid down from her warm eye, followed by another one and another one. Until a steady stream of salty tears flowed its way down her cheek.

It released the sadness and sorrow that was inside of her for all this time.  But still, she did not make a sound.

She was a mess. The Abbot and being away from home felt heavy on her chest.

She expanded her sense, taking in the new presence she had spent the day silently familiarising herself around. It was puzzling to (y/n) why she hadn't felt their presence from the monastery. The boy closest to her was just like Hoseok. Instead of the Black energy, a gap laid in its place. Her eyes brushed past the void to the other two, they were nightblades, but nothing stood out just like her.

Carefully (y/n) pushed up on her shaking arm into a sitting position, tears continued to roll down her face as the images of the nightmare repeated themselves. She founded herself thinking of the dream, it never physically hurt her, and she knew every detail of what happened, but it didn't stop the fear. It almost made it worse.

The nearest boy rose from a heavy slumber. Awaken by her soft cries. He was first aware of the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance. Slowly and reluctantly, he uncovered his face. He blinked, closed his eyes tight, and blink again. He sat up sluggishly, drag his feet off the roll, and rub his knuckles into his eyes. He stretched my arms above his head and yawn. His eyes scanned the room till they landed on the girl pushed against the wall.

Within an instance of seeing the girl in such a state, he had shuffled through the blankets and pillows. Tentatively he placed hands on her shaking shoulders. She watched through blurred eyes as the stranger pulled her into an embrace. She didn't fight back. (y/n) didn't have the energy or the will to do so. "Hey." The unknown male whispered loud enough for her ears only. " It's alright, I've got you now... I've got you." The gentle tones of his voice lulled her deeper into the black abyss.

She sobbed unceasingly into his chest, his hands clutching at his black robes.

He held her in silence, rocking her slowly as her tears soaked his chest. A tiny lapse let (y/n) pull away, blinking lashes heavy with tears, before she collapsed again at the sight of his kind eyes, misery worsening. The pain came in waves of missing her family and replaying the nightmare. It was a minute of sobbing broken apart by short pauses for recovering breaths.

Taehyung let her stay buried in his chest as he drew intricate patterns on her back. Slowly her breathing calmed, and the tears dried up.

"My names Taehyung by the way." He finally introduced himself but got no reply. She just snuggled deeper into his chest. Her arms squeezed tighter.