Inked the words away

The first time (y/n) had fallen asleep in the camp had been rough

The first time (y/n) had fallen asleep in the camp had been rough. The bed was comfortable, but it felt strange. She had spent the past few weeks travelling, and being back inside on a mattress felt wrong. It was always hard to sleep somewhere new on the first night, no matter how nice it was. However, right now, at that moment, it was heaven.

Taehyung had bid goodbye with the promise of talking later when she had rested. Everything she had done this day had been so noisy, and now suddenly, it was all too quiet. Each breath echoed in her ears; all she could do was listen to it as she waited to be all asleep. (Y/n) became more aware of the way her rib cage would expand and shrink. She had been so desperate for sleep, but now that she had the opportunity, she couldn't entirely do it. 

The bed felt rather large now that it was just her in there. It still had the faint scent left behind from Yoongi. He was asleep when she left, but how there was no trace of a soul. Her hand reached out. Her fingertips brushed over the other pillow where an indent was left. (y/n) didn't know when she fell asleep or woke, for that matter. But suddenly, she had jolted but in pitch black. The lul she had previously been in was gone. The red hue of the canvas turned no light at all. The only thing telling her that she hadn't slept for days was the noise from outside the tent. The chatter of soldiers walking past toward the ess tent of dinner told her she only had a couple of hours.

Still, (y/n) was grateful for them. She was also glad she didn't remember dreaming. There had indeed been a chunk of time since her brain stopped thinking.

The nightblade let her body fall backwards, her head had sunk into the feathers, and the silks brushed along her skin as she burrowed further into warmth. The chill outside could reach through the canvas walls. The sound of the soldier drowned out until there was no noise other than the rain tapping away on the tent. It was a moment of peace, snuggled in heavy blankets. If her stomach weren't grumbling, she would have wanted to stay there forever, but she needed some substance.

(Y/n) just about to uncurl from the warmth when the tent door came undone. Crouched down in the small opening was Jin, his face lit up by the lamp in one hand, the other holding a precariously balanced bowl of soup and a plate of bread. He looked relieved as he shuffled further in, glad he didn't have to wake her up to eat while the food was still hot. He sat on the edge of the mattress. Then handed over dinner. The girl took it without question, though slightly confused as to why it had been delivered by the nightblade.

"I didn't see you at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, nor did the kitchen staff. They asked me to bring you this. They said you usually eat with the other girls there, but they missed you today." He began to ramble about this conversation with the dinner staff, people she had become quite fond of. Especially when they would let her hide in the kitchen to work without the other generals breathing down her neck with solutions to the problems she had yet to reach in the long list.

It was funny; she had been adamant about not working under Akia. It would be a partnership she could leave anymore, but the island had changed that quite drastically.