Sun streams

Eight months had passed

Eight months had passed. The time had gone in an instant. (y/n) had grown extremely close to the three boys. It was that kind of friendship that blooms in the centre of your heart - that kind of friendship that grows from the seed basking in the warm soil to a vast tree. Granted, it had a few ups and downs, - but not enough to disguise the enormity of the grandeur of such a tree, the sheer brilliance and beauty of it. It had become clear to Yoongi, Namjoon and Jungkook that they would sign their life away for (y/n) without hesitation.

They trained every day with no exception, didn't take long for (y/n) to master the sense and use it to fight. She still had a long way to go, but she had improved so much in such a little amount of time. It would be hard for a high ranked soldier from the Orochi forces to even draw their sword against her before it met their end.

She missed home more than she thought she would. In fact, she didn't realise she would miss anything at all, but here she was. She missed her room and the gardens. She missed wearing fancy clothing and the fine dining, she even her tutors and lessons. It felt especially rough when Shiro came back from a trip only to tell her that Myrrka had declared the Chief's missing daughter as dead. She expected it to happen sooner or later, but that didn't stop it from hurting.

The sun streamed through the small window, yet her mind was clouded. Yesterday had been hard work, she was covered in bruises and cuts from training.

But today she too worried over her people already forgetting about her, just like they did to her mother. Her mood ricocheted between low and lower. She had no energy or motivation to do the mountain of work Yoongi or Namjoon would set for her. So she sat on her roll mat staring at the walls while the others were still waiting for her to join them in their morning practice.

It wasn't long before they got impatient, Jungkook wandered into the small back room. His lips pressed tightly into a thin line and his eyebrows creased, irritation was clearly written.

His eyes fell on the girl curled up on the floor, wrapped in a blanket. His face softened. Something was off, she looked so sad. Her normale bright eyes had dulled, the shine was gone. There was a profound distressed hidden in them. "I take it your not training today," Jungkook said. His words carried softly through the stuffy air of the hut.

(Y/n) looked up, his hair was already damp and beaded with sweat from doing there morning forms. Her head shook slightly, a gentle smile graced her lips.

Slowly Jungkook made his way over to (y/n). He crouched down, his knees digging into roll mat she lay on. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close, gently rubbing her arm. An invisible pink tint dyed his cheeks. Despite the heaviness in (y/n) stomach, it fluttered at the feeling of her body pressed against his. She sunk into the warmth of his side - wrapping her own arms tightly around his body - appreciative of the simple gesture. His touch made the room warmer somehow.

It felt nice, and the sounds of his breath drew her attention away from her old home.

They stayed like that for a little while, until the silence was finally broken by Jungkook. "I'll tell the others then." His finger stopped dancing through her hair. He gave her one last comforting squeeze before leaving the girl to quietly mope about in bed.