XV - Wing Spiker

21-23.
We'll win! We had to win! I will do all in my might to win.

I looked with a serious look at the coach, so that he would call out for a time out!
"Time out!"
The team gathered around the coach.
"Rui Shou, do you have a tactic?" He asked me.
"No, but I would like to play as wing spiker! It's a training match, so please let me play as wing spiker!" I begged.

"Wait, wait, wait! Ya a wing spiker? That shorty is a wing spiker?" Atsumu seemed to be surprised.
"I know it's a training match, but I would like to win and I see us only winning, when yer in the back! Don't be so bold!"
"Do u not trust me, Atsumu?" That hit different. But I won't give up just because of him.
"I don't care if you don't trust me, but I only want for us to win, so please Coach let me be wing spiker. They only know me as a Libero! That is going to be a surprise, so pleasee!"
I got on my knee to beg like back then.
"Mh... okay! Proof yourself!"

Atsumu clicked his tongue and went back to the court without looking at me.
Akagi went in as Libero and I switched with Kita!

I analyzed our current situation, I mean I wasn't a captain for nothing in middle school.
Number 5 will serve, should be an easy receive for Akagi.
But I don't know if Atsumu will set to me, so I have to block a ball to get recognition from him.
Atsumu will serve Aran for sure.
I exhaled and hit myself on my cheeks.
I went to full concentration mood.

Akagi successfully received the serve and played the ball to Atsumu.
The ball was received from Number 12 and flew to the setter, who will set it with 100% to number 7.

I pulled Suna to my side!
"They'll underestimate me and play here!" I said to him and made myself ready to completely block this.
As I said Number 7 hit the ball in my direction.
"Wait.. wait... now!" I whispered and than screamed to Suna.
I jumped as high as I could.
Hehe, that will be our point!
I blocked the ball and the other team wasn't able to get it.
"Don't underestimate me!" I smirked, while looking down on the player on the floor.

22-23.

Even my mates were fascinated!
"How did u know that?" Akagi asked me.
"I calculated it!" I smiled, without getting in the detail.
I looked to Atsumu and hoped he looked shocked, but he was just smirking at me.
Why?

The game went on and on!
'Til it was 32-33 for us and the twins ended the game with a minus tempo attack!

We won!
"Yessssssssssss" I screamed and jumped on Atsumu and Osamu to hug them.

But after this game we lost 2 games, must be because we played our soul out against Itachiyama.
—————
After running some rounds because of our loses. We just vibed on my bench outside of the court.
We talked and laughed 'til Osamu asked the question everyone wanted to know (except Shin) but didn't ask:
"How come u are such a good wing spiker, but you are playing Libero?"

"I used to be a wing spiker 'til ending middle school, but I wanted to start as Libero!" I scratched me on the head.
"Which middle school did u wen-"
"FOOD IS FINISHED! Come in before it gets cold" Luckily a manager called us in und saved me from answering this question.

"I will stay outside a bit" I said while lying down on the bench. "The fresh air is reassuring in the evening!"
"Me too" I turned my head to the direction of the voice and saw Atsumu still sitting there.
"But don't stay out too long! You'll catch a cold!" Kita warned us and went in with the team.

"Ya played good today. Want a reward?" He asked with a grin.
"U didn't even trust me at first." I reminded him of back on the court.
"When did I said that?"
"You clearly said I only see us winning with me in the back" I imitated him.
"I guess it sounded like this. Ya know, if someone don't trust ya, yer going to play extra good to show the one, who didn't believe in ya, how good ya are, right?" He stand up and went to my face, which was lying on the bench and lifted my head up, sat down and lied my head on his lap.
"So u did it intentionally?" I asked without bothering, what he did just now.

"Close your eyes"
I did as he said.
"Thank you, Rui" His voice was calmed and reassuring.
He caressed gently my hair.
"I used to not like u, Atsumu!" I chuckled.
"That's based on reciprocity!" He laughed. "Well, look where we are now!"
"You are an asshole! An arrogant asshole! You are getting on my nerve!" My eyes were still closed.
"Normally I wouldn't care what other thing of me, but hearing it from you hurts!"He said over dramatically.
I chuckled "But I still like you... if girls find out how u really are, you'll never get married... So u better turn gay for me"I suggested and laughed.

I stand up. "I'm going to sleep. I'm pretty tired, but let's hang around like this often" I smiled and started walking to the door.
"Yer not eating? I have some snacks in my backpack, help yerself! I'm staying here. Night"
"Good Night, Atsumu" I said and left him alone.

- to be continued