IX - Despair

Several days has passed, since the accident with Atsumu- Senpai.
I'm sure that everybody in club had noticed the tensed air between me and him, but nobody is complaining. Because we are pursuing the same goal and that is to win. Every match. To be the longest on the field. That's what we want. That's our goal as a team. As the Inarizaki volleyball team.

"Guys, that's it for today. Please come here for an announcement." The trainer asked us.
"Finaalllyyy..." I went to Shinsuke, gave him a high five and jumped on his back, so he could carry me.
" You put on weight." He noted, but carried me without doing a scene to the trainer.
"As you know, the Nationals are coming soon, so the coach arranged a training camp with some teams, including the Itachiyama Institute. It's going to be next week, so be prepared and don't get sick, because we need each one of you there!"

My mouth dropped open. This. Can't. Be. Happening. The Itachiyama Institute isn't it the school of Kiyoomi Sakusa? One of the top three aces in the country? And also my boyfriend in Middle school?

Shin noticed how I got tensed and let me down.
"Wasn't Kiyoomi Sakusa your boyfriend?" He whispered in my ear.
Unable to give him an answer, I nodded.
"He won't notice u. At least I hope so." He tried to encourage me
I hit him on his head. "No wonder that u don't have a girlfriend with your top encouragement. BAKAAA" I laughed at him. " But thank you. I also hope he won't notice me"
——
This afternoon, my sister and I went to visit mom in hospital.
" How you doi-"
"MOMMMYYY, you look so pale!" I got interrupted from Auri, who started crying in mom's arms.
"Oh Auri, actually I'm in top shape cough cough!"
"Mom, not even you believe that." I came to word. "Did you already eat? And did you lost weight?
"Sharp as ever (y/n)..cough cough.. but honestly I feel much better after seeing you! How is school going?" She asked us.
"Good mom. I love this school and I think I might be in love!" Auri said shyly.
"Who is he? Introduce him to me, dear!"
"It's a Senpai from the volleyball team. His name is Atsumu Miya"

I was shocked. But why am I shocked? I'm not even in love with him!
I tried my best to smile wholeheartedly. "How come u are in love with him?" I asked trying to look curious.
"I don't know, he is just my type."

I stood there unable to say something.
Why does my chest hurt? Shouldn't I be happy for her? It hurts... it hurts so much. My whole body started trembling. Why can't I control myself.
"Mom, I'm not feeling good, so I will go home to get some rest! Auri, you can still stay with mom, but don't be late at home,ok?"
I went without waiting for an answer to the parc nearby our house, to sort out my thoughts.

The laughing kids put me at ease, so I sat down on the bench and just listened to them.
I wish I was young again... This is too much for my own good. Tears started to drop and I couldn't stop them.
I'm pretty sure, they will get together. They would be such a cute pair. I laughed, while crying in pain.
Maybe, just maybe if I was going as a girl to school, if I was girly like Auri, if I didn't start volleyball, would there be a chance for me?

I sank into self-pity.

I didn't notice, how it got dark, how I walked home and how I was able to sleep on this day.

—— to be continued