III - The test

I was so focused on the two twins, that I forgot about what kind of situation I found myself in.

"Eto.. Kouhai-san, it's nice to be looked at, yet don't forget in which position you are in!" The guy with the same face as the smirking guy says.

I looked back at the boy, who is inches away from me.
And I pushed him with all my strength.
Sadly, I was the one, who falled on the ground.

"Ittai" I yelled.

"Where is your strength, Tomato-san?"
Did he just call me Tomato-san?!?! Am I that red?!?!!
I felt, how I went redder.
What if he found out, that I'm a girl?
Oh no, this can't be happening.. I didn't even play yet.

A voice interrupted my overthinking.

"Daijobu?"
I heard a familiar voice. This can't be...
I looked up and saw a familiar boy, who held out his hand to help me get up.

I took his hand, get up and gave him a hug!
"SHIN!" I yell.
"Aur-"
I stamped on his foot before he was able to say my real name!
"Shin, it's me, yes, but I'm here as a boy, so please call me Rui!" I whispered in his ears.

He seems to be confused, but he can't absolutely not reveal me!!!
"Oi, Kita who is this?" ask the twin from the smirking guy!
Shin pulled away from the embrace.
"This is my cousin Rui Shou and he will join our volleyball club!" He answers bluntly.

*clap clap clap*
A clapping man enters the gym. I immediately recognized him.
"It's been a while, Korosu-Sensei!"
Gladly, I have said before entering this school, that I'm attending it as a boy, called Rui.
"Rui, hello. Welcome to the team!
You will join the team without a test!"
He says.

The team looks very confused.
"Coach, he looks like he is the baddest player on the earth and you know I'm not going to toss to bad player!"Complained the smirking guy.
"Atsumu, don't judge a book by its cover" Sensei said wisely.

"Rui, let me introduce you to the team! First, we have our captain and your cousin Shinsuke Kita. He's our wing spiker. Aran Ojiro, the ace and also a wing spiker. Then we have our twins Atsumu and Osamu Miya.
Atsumu's position is Setter and Osamu's Wing Spiker. (1 min late)
And lastly we have Suna Rintarō, our middle blocker" The coach finished and looked at me.
"And this is our Allrounder Rui Shou, he can play every position!" He says proudly.

"Nice to meet you all. I want to win the Nationals with y'all! I hope this is going to be our year!" I say as I bowed to them.

*clap clap clap*
"Nice to meet ya, Tomato-san, however I want to test u! If u are able to receive my serve, I will accept ya."
Atsumu says to me, pointing the volleyball at me.
I smirk and say: "Challenge accepted, Ratsumu"

————
Timeskip
After we warmed ourselves up, my test starts. Gladly, one of my favorite position is Libero. So it isn't going to be hard. That's what I thought.

"Oi Tomato, ya have 3 tries and ya have to receive one of them good. I will have no mercy, even though ya are such a shorty." He said teasingly.
"Hai, Hai" I yelled back from the other side of the court.
"Here we go, shorty"

Everyone went silence and the only thing I could hear was my breathe, Atsumu's shoes and the ball getting hit.

I should be able to get the ball!
Everything seems to be in slow motion.
I moved to the ball, which is now on my side of court and received it.
But I underestimated the strength of the ball, so it flow in the wrong direction.

Damn!
Ok, don't panick! I still have 2 tries. So, calm down!

"Second ball, Tomato-San" I hear from the other side!

I gave me a slap on my cheeks!
"I'm ready"
All eyes were on me.
I have everyone's attention.
*breaths in and breaths out*
The ball was now on my court and I moved to it.

*Bam*
This one was it!
I was able to receive the ball in the right ankle and with the right strength.

"Hehe, did u see that Ratsumu? SOOO... I will accept U to toss to me!" I said provokativ.

"Interesting "Ratsumu smirked!(like all the time)
"This is going to be an interesting year" He said quietly to himself , so I wasn't able to get it!

——
to be continued