Chapter 14

Bella Gracia Esposito was a powerful woman. She was dark and mysterious and had the smile of a Cheshire cat. Her posture was straight and she held something in her emotionless green eyes. They lacked the sparkle and warmth that was in the average eye, she had been through something and it was quite clear that the something was close to hell. The thought of being in a room alone with Bella scared Evelyn to say the least, she was beyond terrified.

"You know Evelyn when someone is talking to you, you usually look them in the eyes. It's a sign of respect." Said Bella. Her voice ran shivers down Evelyns spine.

"I'm sorry miss" Evelyn stuttered out. It's not that Evelyn wanted to be scared. She didn't want to show Bella that she was afraid. But Bella reminded Evelyn of her.

She was not to be named, not to be remembered. She was supposed to be locked up in a safe at the back of her mind.

Evelyn could feel the lock on the safe slowly turning. But quickly she remembered the last time the memories came back. It was not good.

"Evelyn honey is everything alright?" Evelyn was brought out of her mental breakdown by a soothing voice. She looked up and was met with a new pair of eyes. The stone cold green eyes were gone, here were bright, beautiful emerald green eyes that held nothing but love and warmth. The eyes were of Bella Gracia Esposito.

Evelyns POV:

"My child you are experiencing a panic attack. Are you okay?" Bella asked.

"I- I'm fine. Could someone please show me the room that I will be staying at?" I quickly asked. Ryder and Antonio nodded. They led to the the guest bedroom that was right beside Ryders room.

"Since tomorrow is Friday we will be going to school but then we have to go to my cousins house. Is that alright with you?" Ryder asked.

"Umm sure but it's fine if you guys want to go alone. I can always hang out at the cafe until you guys come back." I say not wanting to intrude.

Ryder rolled his eyes.

"Oh please my cousins are dying to meet you, especially Sophia. She's the only girl in the family." My eyes widened.

"Okay I will come" Ryder smiled.

"Let me know if you need anything okay" I nodded and he closed the bedroom door. I lean against the door. Thoughts were swirling in my head.

No one can know about her.

No one can know about what happened.

No one can know about the pain.

No one can know.

Bella's POV:

Ryder had come down and we were all seated at the dining room table. Evelyn was upstairs.

"She's hiding something" I stated.

"Obviously she's hiding something, it's as clear as daylight. But we must let her trust us before we start asking questions" Spencer said.

"Auntie why were you bing so cold towards her. Now she's never going to trust us" Ryder grumbled. I chuckled.

"Honey that was just a test. I wanted to see if she was brave, bold. She's a weakling. She doesn't have guts. She's not fit to be apart of the mafia" I said.

"So what if she's weak. I can save her. I can help her when she needs help." Ryder stated. I could tell he was mad.

"You can't save someone who is already broken beyond repair" I said.

"We saved you, why can't we save Evelyn" Antonio said.

"I wanted to be saved. I don't think Evelyn wants to be saved."

"So your just going to give up. Come on babes you always come up with something that helps people out. Your the mastermind of every plan." Spencer said. I roll my eyes.

"Fine. What did you say her last name was?" I asked Antonio.

"De la Cruz" he replied.

I'll figure out what your hiding Evelyn, even if it's the last thing I do.

How did you guys like this chapter?