Chapter 15

Sophia's POV:
(Ryders Cousin)

I walk into my humble home and notice that everyone is inside the living room. As I'm walking towards the room, I can hear all of my family laughing and bickering amongst one another. As I step into the locks room all of the chatter stops and I notice that mama is not here. She's probably at uncle Spencer's house. I wonder why Ryder hasn't been here for a while.

"Soph... how many times have I told you to not carry the heads of the people you killed in with you like it's some souvenir" my dad sighed.

Oops I forgot to mention that I had a decapitated head with me. Welp...

Now I know what you may be thinking,
"WHAT THE FUCK"
Why does this girl have a random head with her.
Well it's simple. My family is the Mafia. My moms brothers own the Italian Mafia, while my parents own the Spanish Mafia. Since these two Mafia's are the most powerful in the world, we are basically the top of the top.

Now I know what you may be thinking, why would you be bragging about your parents being in the Mafia? Well to sum it up, they didn't have a choice. They were born into this life and so was I. There is no escaping this, so you might as well embrace it.

What is my role in the mafia you ask, well aside from being a totally badass assassin, I'm also the only girl in the family, making me the mafia princess. I don't really like to be called a princess, it makes me feel weak so I make everyone call me a prince. The mafia prince.

Now back to the head,

"Ugh it's not my fault. This loser was trying to rape a poor little girl so I stopped him by attacking him and beating the shit out of his scrawny looking ass" I said while throwing the head up and down.

"Okay you did the right thing I guess, but there was no need to decapitate him. You could have just killed him on the spot" my oldest uncle, Alessandro said.

"Well what's the fun in that" I said with a smirk.

One of the guards takes the head away from me and takes it out to the dump. Exactly where he belongs.

"Hey where is Ryder, how come he's not here today? Usually he's always here with you guys. I miss uncle Spencer and uncle Antonio!" I whine.

"Hey hey hey, are we not good enough" one of my cousins said in a mock hurt voice. I smirk and roll my eyes.

"Honey they have a guest over. I think their new neighbour is staying with them until her parents and brothers come back from work and camp." My dad says. I nod.

Just as I'm about to ask something else, my phone rings. I look down and see Ryders name pop up. I smile and answer. By now I'm upstairs in my room, having already said goodbye to my family downstairs.

"Hey Cuzz, look who finally decided to call." I say with sarcasm dripping off of every word."

Ryders rolls his eyes.

"I'm sorry I've just been busy. I was trying to settle Evelyn into my house." He said.

"Evelyn, huh" I says while wriggling my eyebrows.

"SOPHIE stop, she can probably hear you, shhhh" he said frantically. I giggle like a five year old.

"Since when has Ryder Johnson Esposito ever cared about how a girl thinks about him." I say.

"She's just different okay" Ryder grumbles out.

"Dude you've turned into a literal simp" I say cracking up. He gives me the bird.

"Is she hot?" I question

"GOODBYE SOPHIE" he yells.

"So she is... ?!, I might have to slide into her DM's" I say with a smirk. Oh ya I forgot to mention, I'm lesbian. Obviously I wasn't going to take Ryders girl, but it's fun to rile him up.

"YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING... please. Look I actually find her cute and nice and pretty and so many other things and please don't tell the others yet because I don't want to ruin anything with her" he says genuinely.

I smile and nod.

"Well since Evelyn is no longer available, I will claim her as my bestie." I say.

Ryder rapidly shakes his head.

"No, not with your craziness. She'll been out the door five seconds into meeting you." I roll my eyes.

"We'll see, she probably goes to our school, so I'll meet her then." I say with a wicked grin.

Ryder groans.

After a while of talking we decided to hang up.

I honestly can't wait to meet Evelyn. She seems like a nice girl. I hope she will like to be my friend. This will be my first ever actual friend aside from my cousins and brothers.

Who am I kidding, I will make Evelyn be my friend, nicely of course.

Evelyn here I come.

How do you all feel about Sophia?

Did you guys like this different POV?