Chapter 3

Evelyns POV:

I woke up the next day feeling numb. I didn't want to feel anything. I did my morning routine and walked down the stairs.

Adams POV:

I see Evelyn waking down the stairs. Today she looked different. She looked more tired and sad. To make myself feel better, I purposefully tripped her down the last two stairs and made her crash down.

"God Evelyn your such a clumsy girl. Why can't you just die already." I say while pushing her out of the way. She doesn't respond to what I say. That's weird.

At school

Twins POV:

We make it to school and see Evelyn being beaten up by the jocks. We don't say anything and just continue to watch the torture given to our sister. After they are finished we walk up to her and kneel down and both whisper,

"You should be the one that is dead not dad". Evelyn doesn't respond and just gets up and walks away. That's weird.

After school

Joannas POV:

I come home from a stressful day at work. I was already stressed about what Eve told me yesterday. And to add onto the stress we were getting a new boss. I open the door and make my way to the kitchen. I see Eve sitting at the table writing something. I just assume it was her homework. The boys were all at their friends houses and would be back later on today.

I hear the microwave beep and Eve stands up to get the steaming hot cup of soup out of the oven but it was too hot and it fell to the ground. There was a loud smash and glass went everywhere. This just added onto the stress.

"God Evelyn why couldn't you have been the one in the accident rather than your father" I blurted out. My eyes widen in realization and I immediately smack my mouth. Eve stands emotionless.

"Honey I didn't mean that. I'm sorr-" but am cut off my Eve.

"Don't worry mom. You meant what you said." Said Eve. She then walks out the front door. I heard her Jeep door open and drive off. I slump down to the ground and start crying.

Evelyns POV:

I speed down the different roads. I don't know where I am going but I just continue to drive. I didn't bring my phone with me, it's not like anyone cared anyways.

In was always meant to die. I am worthless, I am a slut, I am useless. I don't deserve happiness and great things. I need to die to make everyone happy.

I reach my secret spot on top of a very steep cliff. One jump and your gone. I walk up to the edge of the cliff and look down. There was nothing but water down there. I then start to rethink my decision but the past events just turn down the second thoughts.

"God Evelyn your such a clumsy girl. Why can't you just die already." Strike one.
"You should be the one that is dead not dad" Strike 2.
"God Evelyn why couldn't you have been the one in the accident rather than your father" Strike 3.
Like they say 3 strikes and your out. I wrote each of them a letter for them to remember me. I just hope they have it in their hearts to read them.

Third person POV:

The boys came home from their friends house and decided that they would play some video games until dinner. They heard their mom in the kitchen and saw her making some dinner. Her eyes were once again puffy and bloodshot. She smiled weakly at the boys and continued to make their dinner.

Blake barged into Evelyns room and didn't see her their. She wanted to tease her a bit more but was disappointed to see an empty room. He told his other brother and they thought nothing of it.

After some time Adam got a message from his friend Evan.

Evan- dude I'm so sorry for what happened

Adam- wdym?

Evan- u don't know?

Adam- don't know what?

Evan- BRO CHECK THE NEWS RIGHT NOW!!!

Adam tosses his phone on the bed and decided it listen to Evan. He walked into the living room and saw everyone sitting there. He turned on the tv and turned in the local news.

"Good evening. My name is Sara Hooper reporting for 55 local news. It is 6:05 on June 21, 2020 and I am live at the scene of an unfortunate suicide attempt on Deepwater Cliff. The victim of this event Evelyn Violet De La Cruz was rushed to the hospital immediately when found. Officials still have to confirm the injuries and the family is being notified immediately." Said the news reporter. We all stare at the tv shocked. Joanna then bursts into tears and hugs herself tightly. The boys all sit their in shock. Their little sister tried to commit suicide.

They all then rushed to the car and drive to the hospital. They didn't care about the speed limit. They wanted to see their princess.