Chapter 5

Third person POV:

"Good evening Mrs. De La Cruz, my name is Dr. Brar and I was your daughters surgeon. I have some good news and some bad news. I would advise that you sit down first before you hear what I'm about to say" said the doctor. Everyone sat down and waited for the news to come.

"Okay so Evelyn has come out of surgery and it is a miracle that she even survived the height of that giant fall. She is still in a coma and we do not know if she will ever wake up. That is up to her to decide. Due to the impact of the fall she surprisingly only had a broken leg and a few stitches on her arms and stomach. There was water in her system from the ocean meaning she probably drowned and swallowed water along the way. Another concern I have is that I have noticed many old bruises on her body, it looks like a form of bullying. I would consider if that was a part of her want to commit suicide. Lastly, there have been some fingerprints marked on her arms. This looks like some sort of sexual contact, it seems as if it were without her consent. We did all the tests and found no evidence rape or sexual activity." The doctor finish off. Joanna thanked the doctor and stayed still in her chair.

"My daughter was bullied at school, and I didn't do anything about it" mumbled Joanna. Blake shook his head.

"It was our fault, we knew about what was happening and we didn't do anything about it. We only added onto the problem." He said.

"We al failed Evelyn" Grayson cried out.

"She killed herself because of us." Said Adam.

"Mom what did Eve tell you that day?" Adam asked. Joanna started sobbing loudly.

"She w-was almost r-raped, he was so close but s-she defended herself a-and ran away. She only told me because she didn't want to u-upset any of you" Joanna said.

"MY LITTLE GRAPE WAS ALMOST RAPED AND YOU CHSOE NOT TO TELL US" Grayson yelled out. Adam got up and stormed out of the waiting room. Blake got up and went to go see his little princess.

Blake opened the door and gasped. His princess looked so small laying by herself in the big hospital bed. She had bruises littering her entire face and body. This was the first time he had seen her without any makeup. He suddenly felt like a monster. He had caused his little sister so much pain and she could never forget that.