Chapter 4

Blake's POV:

We all rushed to the hospital and went up to the receptionist. We asked her for Evelyn De La Cruz and she gave us a pitiful smile. I didn't pay attention to it and just asked for the room number.

"She's still in surgery, the doctor will let you know when he comes out" she said in a monotone voice. My mom was a crying mess and slumped down onto the chair in the waiting room but me and my brothers were still standing, all thinking the same thing. Was this our fault. Did we force her to kill herself.

A while later Evelyn was still in surgery but an officer from the crime scene came to see us. He wanted to speak with mom and they left to go talk outside. I look back at my brothers and see them a bit restless and tired. We were never like this. The officer and mom came back, the officer was about to leave but stopped in his tracks.

"Umm Mrs. De La Cruz, I have forgot to give you guys these letters" he said handing mom 4 letters.

"They were found at the top of the cliff beside her car keys, they seem to be goodbye letters." After saying that he left the building and went back to the station. My mom shakily hands us our letters and leaves to go to the other side of the room for privacy. I open my letter and start reading.

Hey Blaky!!!,

You guys are probably in the hospital right now. But no need to wait for me, I am probably not going to survive. You wanted me dead anyways, you got your wish and I hope you are happy. I always wanted to make you proud and this was the only way to do it. I hope you find a beautiful wife and have beautiful kids. I always wanted to hold my niece to nephew but I don't think you would have invited me over even if I were alive. I just wanted to let you know that I understand that I am worthless, I am a slut, I am a brat. And many more horrible things. Even though you stopped loving me, I will always love and remember you as my knight in shining armour.

Lots of love,
Evelyn Violet De La Cruz

I finished reading the letter an dont notice the tears running down my face. I then hear the soft sobs escaping my mouth. I'm so sorry my princess, I want you back.

Graysons POV:

Mom hands me my letter and I hesitatly open it up. I choke on myself when I read what she wrote and end up feeling like a total dick. I regret every moment I was rude to her. She was my little grape. I love her.

Hey Gray!!!

It's me your little grape. I know that you don't really like me right now and that you don't want me alive but I just wanted to let you know that I always looked up to you. I always wanted to be like you when I was older. You were an inspiration to me, even when you called me names. I wanted to be strong and authoritative like you. I killed myself to erase  all the pain you were feeling. I am sorry that you had to live with such a brat of a sister like me. But you were always a great brother. Remember when we were little and I only ate grapes so you named me your little grape. I wish we could make more memories but it's okay.

Love you!!!
Evelyn Violet De La Cruz

Adams POV:

I don't want to open up the letter. I didn't want to open it up because I knew I would regret all those years I didn't watch movies with her, play with her, hang out with her and much more. I rip open the envelope and what I read shocks me.

Hey Andy!!!,

It's Evi, I just wanted to write this letter to you and thank you for always being my over protective brother when I was younger. Over the years we grew apart but I never stopped loving you, even though you did. I still remember when we were little and when we went to the park you would scare all the little boy's away from me because I was only your girl. No one could take your Evi. You didn't even want me to get married when I was older. Over the years you stopped caring about me and wanted me to vanish from your life and that is what I did to make you happy. I want you to live your life to the fullest and if you ever have a daughter, make sure to chase away all the boys but let her have a good boyfriend and later husband.

Xoxo,
Evelyn Violet De La Cruz

Joanna (mom) POV:

I was already a sobbing mess. I couldn't bare to handle the fact that my daughter had suicidal thoughts. I wonder what brought her to come to this conclusion. I wouldn't be able to live if she doesn't come out alive from that surgery room. I slowly open up the letter.

Hey momma,

It's your Eve. I just wanted to thank you for always being by my side and never giving up on me. I know you didn't mean what you said today and I want to tell you that I forgive you and to remember that I will never be mad at you. I love you more than anything in this world and I am truly sorry that I wasn't the one that died that day.

I will always love you,
Evelyn Violet De La Cruz

I wail as I finish the letter. I have so many emotions but anger and sadness was the highest. Anger because I couldn't help my daughter threw her tough times and sadness because I may lose her today.

After about 6 hours the doctor comes out the door and we all rush to him. He gives us a pitiful look and what he says next shocks me.