Chapter 11

Evelyns POV:

The dinner yesterday was quite amusing. Ryder kept glaring at me and I kept looking innocently at him. When his parents praised me for being such a nice girl, he scoffed and earned another slap at the back of the head. This time it wasn't from me but from Spencer, his dad.

For some reason my brother have been acting kind of off all day and I want to get to the bottom of this.

Did I forgive them too easily? What if they go back to how they were used to?

No Evelyn you can't think like that. They gave you your word.

They gave me their word when dad died too and that didn't work out now did it.

They have changed. I promise.

Fine.

Suddenly there is a knock at my door. Adam walks in and sits on my bed.

"Well hi" I say awkwardly. He smiles at me. But then his face turns serious.

"What's it with you and that Esposito kid?" He says with narrow eyes.

"What do you mean?" I ask with genuine confusion.

"Don't you what do you mean me. I saw the way he looks at you. You think we couldn't notice you guys all giggly and jolly all of dinner yesterday" he says angrily. At this point I was mad.

"You do not get to tell me what to do. Do you hear me. I AM MY OWN PERSON AND I WILL LIVE MY LIFE HOWEVER I WANT TO. I am not going to let a bunch of toxin boys ruin my life because I am not exceeding their expectations and I will not follow your unnecessary rules. He is our neighbor. It is my responsibility as a respectful and nice person to make that family feel at home in our house. Our mother decided it was a good idea to invite them over. If you had such a problem with me hanging out with him, then you should have talked to mom. Check your facts before you tell other something. When I commited suicide, You promise me the day after that you would change. You would be a better brother, you will not fight with me. You will ask me for my side of the story first befor you made any assumptions. Where did that all go? Huh? Where did my brother that I had all those years ago go? You have changed so much since dad died. You don't give two shits about me. It was probably the emotions that got the best of all of you that day. None of you guys care. You never did. It was only dad that cared. You know what i think it's better if I die anyways. Your words are already killing me inside. Might as well just get it over with right. But noooo, you'll just pretend to love me again and I'll be the stupid fool that believes you and gets hurt ONCE AGAIN. And one last thing. I WILL TALK TO WHOMEVER I CHOSE. I will date who ever I want and there isn't shit that you can do about it." I yell out. He stares at me stunned. His mouth is hanging open. I storm out of the room and walk out of the house. I hear the voices of my brothers behind me.

"Eve wait, what happened" I hear Grayson call out. I choose to ignore him.

"Princess where are you going come back" Blake yelled out.

"Evelyn I'm sorry" was all Adam said to make me go sprinting off away from the house. I needed space.

Just then I bump into something or should I say someone.

"Hey hey are you okay?" I look up and am matched with the familiar green eyes. Ryder.

"Leave me alone." I push him away and start running towards the forest near our house. I leave him there stunned by my change of mood.

As I'm walking threw the woods, I see a big tree. I go to sit near it and am soon snoozing away.

I think I was asleep for 3-4 hours because when I opened my eyes, the sun was about to set. I look around and suddenly let out a horrific scream.