Chapter 12

Evelyns POV:

"You know you can't hide from me princess" Ryder said with a smug grin. My heart was racing 10 miles/hour. I glare at him for scaring me and stand up. I let out a small huff and stomp away from him.

I hear the leaves moving from behind me, indicating that he had gotten up and was coming near me.

"You know you remind me of someone" he said. I look up at him.

"Who?" I ask.

"Sophia" I felt some sort of pain in my heart when I heard another girls name. I brushed it off though, who would love someone like me anyways.

"Is that your girlfriend" I ask in a monotone voice.

"Jealous are we" he whispers in my ear. My heart starts beating louder and louder and I can feel the blush on my cheeks. I scoff.

"Pfttt nope, why would i be jealous over someone like you?" I state. He smirks.

"Just admit it... you like me" he says in a sing song voice.

"Never in a million years" I grumble. "So you never told me who Sophia was"

"Oh ya, she's my cousin. She's your age and is the only girl in our family. You'd like her." He says with a smile.

"I would really like to meet her one day." I reply.

"You will, she goes to the same school as me. Your probably going to the same school too " he says. I nod.

Well at least I have 2 friends already.

It was getting dark so I decided that it was best for me to get going. Luckily Ryder was also heading home so he came with me.

I didn't want to talk to madam so when I went inside, I completely ignored him. It was dinner time so I helped mom with the food and we ask sat at the table to eat.

"Eve I have something to tell you" mom says. I nod and urge for her to continue.

"The boys are going on a trip with their football and basketball teams for some training for three weeks." I nod in understanding.

"That's not all, I have a business trip for a month in Greece."

"Does that mean I am staying alone?" I ask.

"No, you will be staying with Ryders family until me and your brothers come back." She says.

"WHAT" me and my three brothers shout.

Sorry for the short chapter...

What do you guess think about this new living arrangement?